Convincor 25' What to prop it? >

Convincor 25' What to prop it?

Notices

Convincor 25' What to prop it?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigsbetter
Wooo! I was referring to his boat and prop set up being the same as mine. At around 3500 rpm I'm cruiseing along around low-mid 50's. I wasn't saying that 3400-3500rpm is my WOT top end speed, That's just a fast cruise for me, if that is where the confusion was. It may be 3500 rpm and 50-51 mph, I'm not sure excactly, but it's close. My engine turns 4800-4900 at WOT and runs 70-71mph.
Fair enough, my apologies to you. In your post though it sounded like you were telling him that 34-3500 RPM was your WOT at low to mid 50's and that's where he should be also. If that was the case, then no, it's not where he should be. My mistake, but next time please be clear with what you're saying.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
Fair enough, my apologies to you. In your post though it sounded like you were telling him that 34-3500 RPM was your WOT at low to mid 50's and that's where he should be also. If that was the case, then no, it's not where he should be. My mistake, but next time please be clear with what you're saying.
Sorry, I guess it did sound like that. Since I have the same boat and the same prop and probably the same outdrive, I was trying to determine if his tach is off by comparing my boat speed at that rpm. It (his tach)may be off but I don't think it's off by very far. That was my intent. Sorry for the confusion.

Another point. These Convincors have a tendency to porpoise at cruise speeds and a 4 blade Hydro can help with SOME of it. It help a very little on my boat when I was expiermenting.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot guys for you replies and help! How can I find out for sure what gear ratio I am dealing with in this bravo? I have the numbers off it, but where can I go to figure out what ratio it is, or do I just know by the year/generation bravo it is?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sometimes the ratio is stamped on the side of the drive. Most likely the ratio has not been changed, but it's possible. To be positve of the gear ratio, you can put the drive into gear and mark the prop and mark the engine and turn your engine over by hand. If you have a 1.5:1 ratio, the engine will turn 1.5 times around and the prop will turn 1 time.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Registered

well I have the same boat as well, to me sounds like the tach is way off, the #'s don't add up..the 3400 or the 55mph, one is off, I run a 22 bravo 1 with my 509, right now turns about 5200 and 67 mph, and thats with a small 750 carb and stock small roller cam...still playing...Rob
Old 06-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Registered

Ok, now I'm confused, you say here you are running a 24p bravo 1 @3400 but on the checkmate site you are asking the same questions but say you are running a 26p ok which are you running ????
Old 06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
I'd love to go with the 4 blade Bravo 1, I tried a 23p Hydro 4 blade and I was a tad too low in rpm, 4400. I loved the way it took off and cruise speed, but I needed more bow lift out of it. My Mirage has great bow lift, just blows out alot and not real good cruise speed. If I could get my hands on a 22 or 24 Bravo and try it first I would, but I'm not ready to buy anything right now anyways. Work had been slow, and I figure my prop gets the job done for now anyways. The 4 blade does feel alot better though!!!
i have a 22p if your ever in the bostom area you are welcome to try it
Old 06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Ok, now I'm confused, you say here you are running a 24p bravo 1 @3400 but on the checkmate site you are asking the same questions but say you are running a 26p ok which are you running ????
I corrected that in my second post on here to 26P, and just edited the first post for ya! lol sorry Thanks for the offer noyzee but probably wont be making it around boston anytime soon, Im fishing around on ebay and some other places everyday. I am going to double check my tach reading this weekend if I can get out when and if it ever stops raining around here!

Last edited by generalee31184; 06-18-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
i have a 22p if your ever in the bostom area you are welcome to try it
Funny, my good friend lives just outside of Boston! I only make it out there a couple times a year, but he is back here (Syracuse, NY) every few weekends. I've searched high and low for a used 22p Bravo, and not really any luck. It seems you can find used 24p all over, and I figured I'd just end up going with a 24p and having it labbed. By the time I would get done with the price of a used 24p and labbing it, it would be the price of a new 22p. What would you want for it? Is it a solid hub?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by generalee31184
I corrected that in my second post on here to 26P, and just edited the first post for ya! lol sorry Thanks for the offer noyzee but probably wont be making it around boston anytime soon, Im fishing around on ebay and some other places everyday. I am going to double check my tach reading this weekend if I can get out when and if it ever stops raining around here!
I see that you're from Utica, you're only about 30 mins from me! Where do you boat, Oneida Lake?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.