Need a Prop suggestion >

Need a Prop suggestion

Notices

Need a Prop suggestion

Old 07-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Need a Prop suggestion

I have a 24ft carrera with a 502 punched out to a 509 not sure on exact details. est 600hp from dealer i bought it from. What rpms should i be turning? at this exact moment not sure what rpm i am turning tach is broke. gettin repaired as we speak. But runnin at 58 mph seems low to me and takes a while to plane out. I am runnin a 14.5" 21 pitch aluminum prop not sure on brand but it has holes at the back of it. Told it was to help exhaust but i have thru hull exhaust. prop feels like it is slipping really bad at anything more then 1/2 throttle (can feel boat slow down and rpms go up). Any help appreciated.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

Rpm depends on your cam but with 600hp your going to flatten that aluminum prop.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Registered

Did some checking and it is actually SS looks pretty cheesy though. could it be flattening or slipping?? Or do those holes behind each blade cause a problem?? it starts out pullin good and if i baby the throttle i can make it to plane but am worried about it slipping at full throttle with only 58mph. And i didnt buy a 600hp engine to baby the throttle!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered

BBLADES do you have a prop that could work for me or an opinion please????
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 348Travis
Did some checking and it is actually SS looks pretty cheesy though. could it be flattening or slipping?? Or do those holes behind each blade cause a problem?? it starts out pullin good and if i baby the throttle i can make it to plane but am worried about it slipping at full throttle with only 58mph. And i didnt buy a 600hp engine to baby the throttle!!!!!!
Those holes are for ventilation and help get boat on plane. At cruising speed they no longer function. You may feel some vibration when at idle speed or getting on plane which should be ignored.
Not knowing wot speed and rpm would be difficult to recommend prop.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

The holes only vent for the thru hub exhaust though right? so if i have thru hull exhaust could that be a problem? i am starting to think i the hub slipping how do you change a prop hub??
Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw that prop out! Your way under propped. First fix the tach, you can't tell anything without it. WOT rpms maybe 5400? I would start with a 25P 4 blade and go from there. Just my 2ct's.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With 600hp, be careful how much prop and how hard you push the hole shots. Your over the Bravo 1 limits so easy on the throttle up.