Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Prop help for Arneson ASD6 >

Prop help for Arneson ASD6

Notices

Prop help for Arneson ASD6

Old 09-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Can you get a hub kit to adapt to Mercury Chopper II to an Arneson 1720 (ASD 6)
Old 03-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do u still have the prop shoot me a txt 8605756998

Do u still have the props I’m looking for asd6 prop
Originally Posted by tomuchstuff
boat size? top speed?

I have some real surface drive props.. there not speed master choppers.. they are hi rake 3 blade rolla's. they are not cheep.. there larger with less pitch... when twin disk first tested the asd 6 they ran the same exact prop's got 88mph out of 450hp running 21 3/4 x 21% pitch..... there's lots of data to say that boats ran better with hi rake from planing at a lower rpm to less prop slap..

I have one RH 21 3/4 x 18% pitch
I have one very scary looking LH 21 1/2 x 22% pitch with lots of cupping
I have a set of 21 3/4 x 21% pitch....

all are 19 spline.. Hi rake is what arneson sold and pushed supported by B/W & T/D test data b4 adapters were sold....

I'm looking for LH or RH props 21" and 1/2 or 3/4 in size....I'd like to find LH 18% 19%, 20% or 23%,, or RH 19%, 20% or 23% so I can test props when I run my boat. every thing I have is for sale but till I run my boat the props I have are not cheep..

a chopper 17 to 18" with much more pitch then a hi rake will be fine and cheaper. An inch of prop is worth 2% of pitch so at 17" you'd need to be 27 to 30% of pitch for 400 to 500hp...

seems the draw back to the merc prop is size finding props over 18 made for an O/B as I read about lots of guys gunning 17" with 33% or 35% and no matter the hp increase only more pitch is added.. or maybe its prop shape? and need to be small to get rid of slap... who knows.

I'd let my props go for 1000 for a single or 2000 for the matched set...