Prop selection when switching gearing 30 eliminator >

Prop selection when switching gearing 30 eliminator

Notices

Prop selection when switching gearing 30 eliminator

Old 07-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Prop selection when switching gearing 30 eliminator

Well I had a set of stock 30 pitch bravo 4 blades and they worked the best over all but now things have changed drastically.

Boat setup..
02 Eliminator Daytona 30
power 496 Mag Ho's
Bravo 1 drives with extension boxes
centerline of drive even with bottom of sponsons
Previous gearing 1.36 gear ratio and 30 pitch bravo 4 blades
best MPH 92 average 90 at 5000 rpms

I broke a prop shaft and lost a prop in my search for a replacement I came across a set of Imco SC drives complete with 2" lowers proplem is they are 1.5 ratio
Im not sure where to go with props now.
Ive been told the 2" lower may bring the x up too high but worse case I can space em back down. I do have a small tunnel tab to get on plane if need be.

where should start with props? Id like to run the same mph as before or pick up a couple.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I would google prop calculator. It will let you put in your gear ratio, slip, pitch, and preferred mph whichever one you leave blank it will fill in. Might give you a rough idea of where to start.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
I would google prop calculator. It will let you put in your gear ratio, slip, pitch, and preferred mph whichever one you leave blank it will fill in. Might give you a rough idea of where to start.
Ive done that a few times, but there alot of the factors changing. so its sort of a crap shoot and 5 blades are not something I care to purchase alot of trying different ones lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of Hydromotive 5 blade 26's that should put you in the ballpark. Their in the swap shop for $1200 plus the ride. Polished with solid XR hubs. P-5's
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered

26's are way to small. I need 30 or 32's.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Not going from 30P 4 blades. 28P 5 blades maybe but bottom end torque with a 5 blade is much more than the 4 blades. I wouldn't start with a 30P 5 blade if I where you. Regular B1's won't hold up to that kinda stress for very long. Just my 2ct's.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

Basically going from a 1.36 to a 1.5 with no other changes would be 3" or so of pitch.
I would try a set of 32 Bravo 1's and go from there. See how they get on plane, cruise and bite in the rough water. You will most likely be on the limiter at WOT. BBlades could tweak them to 33's with rake and cup.
The 34 Bravo 1's are quite a bit different in many ways and don't behave the same as other Bravo 1 props so I wouldn't go that route.
I'm guessing some 28-29 pitch 5 blades might be needed though.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

OOPS sorry I didn't account for the drive ratio change. Your right.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

The 34 Bravo 1's are quite a bit different in many ways and don't behave the same as other Bravo 1 props so I wouldn't go that route.

How so? Griff- Please PM me on this as not to hi jack this thread, Thanks!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Basically going from a 1.36 to a 1.5 with no other changes would be 3" or so of pitch.
I would try a set of 32 Bravo 1's and go from there. See how they get on plane, cruise and bite in the rough water. You will most likely be on the limiter at WOT. BBlades could tweak them to 33's with rake and cup.
I'm guessing some 28-29 pitch 5 blades might be needed though.
Griff I think your on to something. Im not sure itll ever get on plane with the 4 blades but I do have access to a set to try. Spoke with a buddy that has a very similar boat and he is running a 30p 5 blade maximus but he is only running 1" shorties. He doesnt have a tab so after trying the 32's it took too much finess to get on plane. I do have a center tab but would prefer to not use it.
So I think the 28-30p 5 blade may put me right where I need to be after speaking with him. Just getting the boat back in the water with the new drives will a good thing even I cant get on plane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.