Hydromotive P5 Plus ?? >

Hydromotive P5 Plus ??

Notices

Hydromotive P5 Plus ??

Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hydromotive P5 Plus ??

Anybody have any experience with the Hydormotive P5+?
Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Actually it is a P5X. We have tons of experience with them. WE also have them for testing if you wish. Call us and we can go through the ins and outs with you.

920-295-4435 Mon-Fri. 8AM-4PM

Brett
Old 03-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I just put a set of 33s on my Active Thunder. I've only run them one weekend in Florida but so far I'm quite impressed. I was running a set of 34 bravos but had some really bad slip numbers and coming out of the hole was rough. If it will warm up I hope to get on Cumberland and get some numbers on them and see if I need to adjust them any.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Anybody have any experience with the Hydormotive P5+?

Yes! The P5 plus is actually a larger diameter version of the P5, not to contradict BBlades here, sorry Brett, it is not the P5 X as the X has a different blade design. The P5 Plus is a P5 blade style that starts as a 16" diameter prop, larger than the P5 at 15.5. The "P5X" version is a larger style blade prop with more blade surface, more like the Bravo or Maximus blade style. Check out the Hydromotive site, they spell it out pretty clear on there.

I do have a set of P5 Plus 31's that were worked by Throttle Up and they run pretty well on my Fountain. On the set I have the blades have been reconfigured / reshaped to be more like the Herring blade style.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
I just put a set of 33s on my Active Thunder. I've only run them one weekend in Florida but so far I'm quite impressed. I was running a set of 34 bravos but had some really bad slip numbers and coming out of the hole was rough. If it will warm up I hope to get on Cumberland and get some numbers on them and see if I need to adjust them any.

Hydromotive builds a real good prop. I ran them on my Velocity for many years and never found anything that would out perform Hydros right out of the box. They were the best on my last Fountain as well. Let us know how you make out.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you lab the p5x props ? i thinking about getting some but i thaught i read that they couldnt be worked.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

The way I understand the hydros is yes you can lab them but they don't respond as much as a maximus would. I don't think I will need to do anything to mine except maybe take a little off the diffuser ring.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Ok, I guess I had P5X on the brain. We sold and adjusted more P5X's last year than ever in years past.

Yeah the P5Plus is a larger diameter P5. If you need stern lift or can run flat with a very high X, this prop might work. Actually there are very few people that run them. I believe a couple sets a year are all that are sold (I think last year it was actually 1 per Hydromotive). We didn't even put them on our products page. Actually the blade is nothing like the B1 or the Max. For that matter the B1 and the Max are quite different t themselves.

Thanks for the correction RE

Brett