prop comparison

Old 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can turn the B1's to 5200.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

IMO Hydros will be faster more often than not, have been on past boats for me. Bravos seem to be better on plane and slow/mid cruise. Once you move up the speed the Hydros hook up and begin to shine. Past experience on Fountain as well as Velocity hulls. High speed handling in my cases have always gone to the Hydros.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Ragged, Have to dis-agree.

Your experience noted, I have found the Labbed, Correctly to the boat, B1's, beat the Hydros across the board. Some times (occasionally) the top speed is the same after Labbing but, the rest of the performance puts the Merc castings over the edge.

I love Hydromotive and the box stock props can be faster than Bravos out of the box on some set ups but with tuning, Bravos surpass.
However, I do have some boats and clients running Hydro's, who we have done out of the box Lab work with. They run Hydros and win races.......often.
So again, blanket statements in boat set up is, well, not spot on.
Every identical boat is different.

Brett

B
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

My experience with Hydro's is that they have a lot of transom lift. I could not carry the bow. If trimmed up quite a bit it would carry the bow to a certain point and then just fall. It would get kind of scary actually how bad it would bow steer to the left then the right.

Bravo's felt much better and I had a better angle of attack at on coming waves. Kind of like my Mirage 3 blades, but better getting on plane and cruise speed. But slower top speed.

The best props that I have are a set of Spinelli 4 blades. These seem to lift the whole boat up out of the water and able to carry the bow. A real soft ride in heavier seas. They feel loose and are fast. Also they look really cool. I just wish they were 27 pitch

My experience is all in a flat bottom Scarab Panther. Tinman is you 33 an AVS?