Want to try mirage plus >

Want to try mirage plus

Notices

Want to try mirage plus

Old 08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Want to try mirage plus

Running a bravo 1 28 & 30 labbed, 28@5450 no defusser ring and 30@5150 stock hub both 82mph on any most any fuel load with 2 people.
Calculated bravos at 1 pitch less, were looking at 13% slippage,if i went to a 3 blade mirage plus labbed with even 15% slippage i'd gain 5-6 mph ?
Want to find out if this is even possible????????????
*Center of propshaft is 3" below bottom, have very good hole shot with 30P and defusser ring,but can get on plan good with 28p and no ring,but have to back off throttle so it can hook up,but does get on plan fair.
*Would sacrafice for average getting on plane for 5 mph, who wouldn't LOL
Now the question,would a 3 blade mirage plus 29 get me on plan and what rpm and changes might i expect? (i'm thinking 5,600,but where would the slip go too?)
This maybe just one of those,just have to try it deals??
Any imput would be great before i spend any money.
24' 2 step Vee with imco 1.5 , HP500, 3,000#
Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

r015,

Actually, getting on plane is the better alternative in my mind. Pretty embarressing when you have a boat load of people at the LOTO shootout and you can't get on plane.

Yeah gaining speed with 3 blades is possible with your low current slip #'s. Other issues can present themselves though. It depends on your goals and usage.

The 29 M+ is a beast unto itself. I could explain more but not now. Maybe some of the other prop experts on this forum can explain it for us..................

Call me and we will do whatever we can to dial you in the best your boat can be.

Thanks,
Brett