Revolution 4 blade Anyone??? >

Revolution 4 blade Anyone???

Notices

Revolution 4 blade Anyone???

Old 12-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I run 23 revo4's on alpha drives behind 350 mags....it took some research, but the only thing i might change is the pitch (down to 21's), they work perfectly on the rumrunner...i wanted an efficient [email protected] go 140 miles on 50 gal at that pace...totally changed the handling, ride, etc...next up is to have bblades work them for a bit more rpm..maybe....they're a great prop....
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
I run 23 revo4's on alpha drives behind 350 mags....it took some research, but the only thing i might change is the pitch (down to 21's), they work perfectly on the rumrunner...i wanted an efficient [email protected] go 140 miles on 50 gal at that pace...totally changed the handling, ride, etc...next up is to have bblades work them for a bit more rpm..maybe....they're a great prop....
Just a thought. But if you use the prop for a lot of cruising, i'd seriously reconsider the lab job, especially for more rpm. The strength of the prop will be reduced significantly.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just checked merc' site : the rev4 only goes from 15 to 25 pitch
Old 12-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi!

I swapped to a single Vrod 350 sci from 2 Merc 2,5 EFI's this Spring. I have done some proptesting this summer and a labbed and cupped Rev4 suprisingly was the fastest both on top speed and cruise. It is 2 mph faster than a Mirage Plus 25 labbed by BBlades, Hydromotive Quad IV X O/B 25 and stock A45 Tempest 25. Great overall lift and handling. And this with stock tube lenght. Normally you can get 1 mph higher speed by shortering the tube approx. 16 millimeter. The tube of Rev4 is considerable longer than the other props, addding transom lift and drag.

My Phantom 25 is a straight V hull without steps and notch.

I will shorten the tube this spring, but also by myself the new Blaster from BBlades. I looks very fast design

Cheeers, Toffen

Last edited by Toffen; 12-11-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pqjack
just checked merc' site : the rev4 only goes from 15 to 25 pitch
And???

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 12-11-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered

i'm easily spinning a 27 mirage+ and you got me interested in the rev4
Old 12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pqjack
i'm easily spinning a 27 mirage+ and you got me interested in the rev4
Did not know that, so was not really sure why you posted it. It was not meant as an insult in any way. Sorry.

That's a bit of a bugger though. It would definetly be nice if they did a 27 and 29, it is a really cool prop and it deserves it. You could change the gear ratio in your drive as a way to make the pitch work, but that's not exactly cheap if you don't have the gears lying around. Also, one inch of pitch should be possible to add without any other mods, I'm sure Bblades can do that. That should put you at or a little below what you spin with the 27M+. One thing you could do, is to get one from Bblades test program in a 25" and just see how it feels on your rig. If it works well, you can talk to Brett and see what could be done to increase pitch and take the rpms down without altering any of the props stock caracteristics.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

no harm done...i actually appreciate your expertise...up here in the great white north,not too many people have hi-perf knowledge,and those that do,dont want to share...im not looking for more top end,but the rev4 sounded like a better all-around prop...thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Toffen
Hi!

I swapped to a single Vrod 350 sci from 2 Merc 2,5 EFI's this Spring. I have done some proptesting this summer and a labbed and cupped Rev4 suprisingly was the fastest both on top speed and cruise. It is 2 mph faster than a Mirage Plus 25 labbed by BBlades, Hydromotive Quad IV X O/B 25 and stock A45 Tempest 25. Great overall lift and handling. And this with stock tube lenght. Normally you can get 1 mph higher speed by shortering the tube approx. 16 millimeter. The tube of Rev4 is considerable longer than the other props, addding transom lift and drag.

My Phantom 25 is a straight V hull without steps and notch.

I will shorten the tube this spring, but also by myself the new Blaster from BBlades. I looks very fast design

Cheeers, Toffen
Hey Toffen,

What slip numbers did you get with the rev4 compared to the Mirage Plus?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi,

I managed a tick below 78 mph at 6,500 with one person. Water conditions a little chop. This translates to 11,5% slip. I could only rise the propshaft 3,5 inch below. Lost bite after that. The Rev4 did 80 mph at 6,500 rpms with a little chop. I ran the propshaft 3 below. I can rise it higher. I also done consistently 79 mph on glassy water at 6,400 rpms. This translates to approx 9% slip. Rev4 works better. Much better bite and overall lift. Rev4 was also faster than a a45 Tempest 25. The Tempest was a nick faster than the mirage both on cruise and wot. But also lost bite when jacked up.

I have been reccommended to shorten the tube approx 16 mm, which should give another mph / 100 rpms. Cross my fingers

Cheers Toffen

Last edited by Toffen; 12-12-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.