Notices

Worth It

Old 02-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Worth It

Is there any reason to Lab finish SS props for a CC boat? Most CC's are set up not for top end but for all around performance. When after testing several out of the box props and finding one that you feel is the best but still not achieved full RPM's capability would lab finishing be worth to try and achieve the additional 2 to 3 hundred RPM's?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
Is there any reason to Lab finish SS props for a CC boat? Most CC's are set up not for top end but for all around performance. When after testing several out of the box props and finding one that you feel is the best but still not achieved full RPM's capability would lab finishing be worth to try and achieve the additional 2 to 3 hundred RPM's?
I think you kind of answered your own question. I don't think low end performance will change unless you go for different prop. You will probably gain a couple mile an hour. Most cc guys don't really stress over those last couple of mph. But since you are on this site you do(: the only down side would be running shallow with thin blades.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Labbing can consist of trued blades not necessarily thinned blades.

One often overlooked benefit of Labbing in ultra smooth operation. It kind of feels like your running in butter. Also improved throttle response is a great benefit.

Brett
Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
When after testing several out of the box props and finding one that you feel is the best but still not achieved full RPM's capability would lab finishing be worth to try and achieve the additional 2 to 3 hundred RPM's?
As Brett said, it depends on what you want to achive. Labbing is basically customizing the prop to your needs. If you want speed, you can lab for that, but you can also lab for mid range performance, fast planning and so on. As labbing is a customizing of the prop to the boat and particular performance needs, the exact ressults is something you "labber" will advice you about. But a fast labbed prop is not nessecarily a good mid range performance prop. You can do what you want and need. Speed, cruise, accelleration ect. that's what it is about.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

If I was 2-300 rpms shy, I would want to correct that. Regardless of the type of boat. When hot and humid weather comes or you have a heavy load you might be down even more rpms.