Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
mirage 23, mirage plus 23.  how much diff? >

mirage 23, mirage plus 23. how much diff?

Notices

mirage 23, mirage plus 23. how much diff?

Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default mirage 23, mirage plus 23. how much diff?

when i got this boat back had a 21 mirage and a 23 plus. i scared up a 23 mirage not realizing other was plus. the mirage plus is labeled Baja perf marine 13704 23p with removable hub, i think solid hub. the regular mirage is also labeled 13704 on hub and 13704 A41 on side of prop. standard press-in hub. i guess these 2 are a better match than a 21 and a 23 plus. how much diff in pitch is there?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The plus has added cupping. Cupping is added to most propeller blades to improve the propeller's bite on the water and decrease slippage. It is most commonly seen on the trailing edge of the blade. Usually the effect of cupping makes the prop perform like a higher pitch propeller, but it does enhance your thrust as well. In addition, cup reduces a prop's tendancy to ventilate or slip. Custom prop builders often use aggressive degrees of cupping to fix slippage problems on large diameter, low pitch props on certain boating applications.

Typically the mirage prop of similar pitch will run about 200 more rpm than the plus.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Pitch is the same between the standard and the plus series. The cupping heights do vary as well as the Hub insert depth and the fact that the Plus series has PVS vent system.
We can turn your standard Mirage into a Plus series if you desire.

Brett