Formula F-311 with TRS..Prop ???? >

Formula F-311 with TRS..Prop ????

Notices

Formula F-311 with TRS..Prop ????

Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula F-311 with TRS..Prop ????

I have a 1987 Formula F-311 with 454 420HP stock motors and 25P props that came with the boat..my question is premature since I know Ill be asked what I was running speed wise but due to mechanical problems all season (first season with the boat and issues from day 1) I havent had the ability to run it with both engines..blown head gasket and carb issues on port..I do however want to look for new/used props this winter since mine have dings and Ive been told its easier to just find another set and keep mine as spares as opposed to having them reworked..I now have 25P non mirage props with solid hubs and my question is for anyone running the same boat what have they found to be the optimum prop..I run in fresh water and want best performance possible..plan to pull engines and freshen up in 2 years but wont get crazy..just try to bump them up to 500-525 HP each if possible..if I have to re prop then so be it..thanks for the help
Old 09-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

With 500 hp, a labbed 25 Mirage plus would pull you 5200@73 MPH on a normal Lake Erie day, 74 on a rougher day...

600HP with same props will pull you to a solid 78 and a best possibility of 80 on GPS

this is a TRS boat so I know these results first hand as my best friend had one of the fastest 311's around at te time...I boated with him every weekend on it so I know the 311's well..

Hydraulic steering is amazing on them...get it...

He spoun the drives in on that boat and it liked it, many other boats do not...

feel free to call me for questions 440-476-4114 I am also local to you...Tim

Last edited by Full Force; 09-22-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

From my experience the 25P Mirage non + seems to work very well on TRS 311's. I haven't seen a top end number yet on GPS with mine since repower but I will let you know as soon as I do. Next weekends forecast is looking like a good oppurtunity to do so. My 25's are stock btw.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mirage vs. Mirage plus matters depending how drives are spinning...in vs. Out
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
The mirage vs. Mirage plus matters depending how drives are spinning...in vs. Out
Im testing the mirage non plus vs plus next week, as well as the hydromotive 24 vs bravo 1 22, though 22p 4 blade and 23p 3 blade- I would like to see the differnces. I know I like the 4 blades a lot better with handling and cruise but do loose top end with my bravo 1 and a little squirmie at WOT (needs hydralics for sure). Im hoping the hydro can compensate and also get it labbed if close to a 3 blade WOT. This again only on a 292 w/bravo drives, stock non mags 330's frakenstein motors and drives (drives are differnt bravo models, engines have diffent heads -rpms always reamin same -im sure the torque is differnt though). I spin in.

Last edited by Dtile; 09-22-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: cant speel.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

292/bravo and 311/TRS totally different, if both had TRS and similar power it woulkd be closer....

I was told by hydromotive that I could probably have same top end but gain cruise with them, we will see one day...
Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
292/bravo and 311/TRS totally different, if both had TRS and similar power it woulkd be closer....

I was told by hydromotive that I could probably have same top end but gain cruise with them, we will see one day...
ya, all speeds will be diff but i bet gap of each different prop the same.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered

DYVMASTER, I have the same boat as you 420hp/TRS and run 24P Hydromotives. I was seeing 68mph consistently on GPS this summer right at 5000rpm (9-10% slip) on basically flat water, maybe 1-2" chop. About 85*F outside. The only performance enhancing thing is my boat has header manifolds (look like headers inside, but still manifolds) that replaced the stock GIL pieces. I know they are good for a few horsepower, but your boat should run very similar speed and rpm.

As mentioned before, hydraulic steering is a must.