52mph WOT! What gives 25' Others get 70+ >

52mph WOT! What gives 25' Others get 70+

Notices

52mph WOT! What gives 25' Others get 70+

Old 05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey brew nothing wrong with what he said. The guy isn't giving any of the spec were asking for and then. He skips around and it's to hard to put it all together to help. I love this site I've gotten so much help from people on here it's crazy. But when people try and he doesn't help us out by answering a few little questions then I guess he doesn't want that much help then.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thebossbultsma
Hey brew nothing wrong with what he said. The guy isn't giving any of the spec were asking for and then. He skips around and it's to hard to put it all together to help. I love this site I've gotten so much help from people on here it's crazy. But when people try and he doesn't help us out by answering a few little questions then I guess he doesn't want that much help then.

I understand, just seemed he gave what he knew and didn't have much more to give or the knowledge to answer! There are lots of things I don't know and surely wouldn't want to get such a hard time if asked the boating community!

Just my o2
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

IMO- This was a classic case of someone that should not be working on a boat. As I put in my last post on this subject, he didn't know anything about his engine. Yet wanted us to somehow figure out what was wrong. All the hand holding in the world isn't going to do anything. The best advise would have been to find out where he lives and then suggest a real engine builder for him. However, unless the guy was willing for fork out the $$$$ to have his engine gone through, that would have been pointless as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone else notice hes saying he has a comp extreme marine cam now and before said it was a crane and also that it was a crane extreme marine cam which to my knowledge doesnt exist. If your post is real then your machine shop is f*cking with you.

get a timing light and some basic knowledge of how to time an engine

Last edited by sparky24; 05-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Timing an engine based on when it pings under load is the stupidest this I have every heard of. Oh and people do it like that all the time, I have to imaging they have similar issues as you are having. A few engines ago I had an issue where the timing mysteriously changed and after setting it to the correct 33 degree total timing, the boat lost about 15 mph (from 73). It took me a little while, but I then realized the ring had slipped on the balancer and the timing marks were off. You absolutely and without a ridiculous comeback need to get a timing light and correctly set your timing. Check it at idle and 3200 RPM, I would try total timing at 34 degrees and note what the idle timing is.