Liberator 241 >

Liberator 241

Notices

Liberator 241

Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liberator 241

should my boat have a stern lifting prop on it? Im currently running a ballistic 23 pitch. my engine is a 460. king cobra drive. Engine is warmed up a bit, 440 horsepower @ 5200 RPM. It ran best of 62 MPH on gps. the boat seems to really want to lift the bow alot, and the ass of the boat is in the water.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

A bow lifting prop would have been the best option for speed. A large blades 3 blade would typically be the norm. That being said, depending on your boats actual attitude, some of todays 4 blade technology can offer over all lift meaning it lifts the stern but still reacts to trim. You need to determine your ultimate performance goals and from there we can offer test propellers.
I feel the Ballistic (although an useful propeller in some situations) is to little of blade area for your hull. Your slip % is almost 18%

Brett
Old 05-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Im looking to get top speed out of my boat, and cruise. I dont care at all about hole shot, I never pull a skier or anything, and I have tabs to get my out of the hole. I have a 21 viper prop also, the guy that rebuilt the prop said he put it at 12 cup (whatever that means) he said stock was 8 cup. my engine builder said my rpm should be 5200-5600 RPM. I will try the viper prop tonight and see what that does.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

I have 241 liberator with the 454 and bravo it is stk. I have tried several mirage prop as well as the ballistics and several different 4 blades. what worked best for me was actually a 5 blade signature prop from hill marine. everyone told me that my drive were too deep for that type of prop. but going from almost 23% slip with a 21 and 23 mirage to 11% with a 19 signature speaks for itself. and I get good turning and hole shots too
Old 08-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Those are nice props. One of the reasons it is working well for you is it has a small diameter.
We sell those props and have had good success with them. There is a limited application for them though.

Brett