Merc Props >

Merc Props

Notices

Merc Props

Old 07-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Merc Props

How do you read the prop part numbers to get the right prop? And what do they mean, like A 50 vs. A 46 vs. A45 or A41 for that matter!!!!???? Have a Formula 223LS/7.4 w/first year Bravo I. running a 21 solid hub and a 17solid up in Lake Tahoe. Want to upgrade to a Mirage Plus.Will I notice any difference if I run a Flo-Torq II, other than protecting the drive. Anybody know the history of these props? Thanks for info. 61 views and not one reply..........hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by Sugarray; 07-06-2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: o replies
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sugarray
How do you read the prop part numbers to get the right prop? And what do they mean, like A 50 vs. A 46 vs. A45 or A41 for that matter!!!!???? Have a Formula 223LS/7.4 w/first year Bravo I. running a 21 solid hub and a 17solid up in Lake Tahoe. Want to upgrade to a Mirage Plus.Will I notice any difference if I run a Flo-Torq II, other than protecting the drive. Anybody know the history of these props? Thanks for info. 61 views and not one reply..........hmmmmmmmmm
not an expert, but go to bblades, they have the full line of merc listed with info

example

Available in 22- to 36-pitch in even increments.
Right-hand and left-hand rotation
Standard hub 1” shaft (-A46 versions)
Steel hub 1: shaft (-A55 versions)
Heavy-duty steel hub with 1 ¼” shaft for XR applications (-A65 versions)
Fits outboards (135 + horsepower and above), Alpha and Bravo One stern drives
Recommended for big-block V8-powered stern drives with high-performance hulls (cats and stepped hulls).
Price includes Flo-Torq II: A46 Series equipped with 835257K6, A55 with 835258K2, or A65 with 840389K06 for XZ/XR sterndrives.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

A40, A50 were rubber hubs and cast in solid hubs.
In about 1996 were started making the Flo-Torq 2 square bore hubs that use delrin or stainless inserts. The reasoning behind this was to allow Mercury propellers to be used on competitive products These hubs also allowed for replacement by the consumer if a hub shattered.

Brett