2002 29' Outlaw T/496 Mags Prop Help >

2002 29' Outlaw T/496 Mags Prop Help

Notices

2002 29' Outlaw T/496 Mags Prop Help

Old 09-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 29' Outlaw T/496 Mags Prop Help

Any advice would be helpful. I am notice the bow riding very low and lots of porpoise*when trimming out the drives. To eliminate the porpoise I need to cruise at about 3400rpm or more. I used to have a top speed of 70mph two *years ago at wot 4400rpm with original props that came on the boat when I bought it. (maybe they were cuped not sure but had to replace one brand new and the other I *had a local machine shop bang out a ding) now I get 4000rpm wot and hit 62mph (gps) currently have 4 Blade Bravo ones.I am not to concerned with top speed but liked the fuel efficiency of crusing at 2800 rpm and would like to raise the bow. Should I have them cupped or replaced? Currently in Southern Ontario. Thanks
Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

The props are now screwed up for some reason. Work done on them I'm sure.
I would love to inspect, measure and fix the propellers for you if you desire. However, they may not be reversible.
We do tons of outlaws. Starting at the 29's the recipes change slightly because the bow lift requirements are even stronger than the small OL's.
Call if you desire and we can discuss your options.

Brett