BBLADES Boating News

Notices

BBLADES Boating News

Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile BBLADES Boating News

For more information, email us here or call 920-295-4435.
BBLADES can also be found on Facebook.

It’s hard to believe we are nearing the end of 2014 and Fall is hard upon us. Here in the upper Midwest, it was a cool, wet summer, which means many of us didn’t get on the water as often as we’d have liked, and now we have the long winter to “think” about getting back on the water. So, BBLADES has some money saving offers to warm you up just in time for the gift-giving season. Whether you’re shopping for a fellow boater or getting a little something for yourself, you can find some unique boater gifts for whoever you’re buying for at BBLADES.com. And please join us on the BBLADES Facebook page, where we offer great propeller tips, news from the boating industry, special offers and often some general foolishness, because boating should be fun. We have some big things planned for our website in 2015, so stop by and check it out –since you may likely not be on the water for a little while anyways.

We take this opportunity to thank you for your business during 2014 and wish you and those you love a most joyous, blessed and safe holiday season.

GREAT SAVINGS ON HARDWARE AND GIFT CERTIFICATES

Need a special gift for the boater in your life, even if that boater is yourself? BBLADES Professional Propellers is offering some great savings in time for the holidays or just to help you get through winter with some type of boating activity.

From now through Christmas Eve (December 24, 2014) we offer BIG savings on select Flo-Torq prop hub kits:

835257K1 Mercury 75 2-Stroke, 1984 & newer; 90 & 115 2-Stroke, 1978 & newer; 125 2=Stroke, 1994 & newer; Verado 200-300; Alpha & Bravo 1 Sterndrives; and even the Force 75, 1999 and 90-150, 1995 & newer for just $19.99, a $33 savings. Similarly, the 835257K6 for Mercury V-6 outboards with surfacing propellers, Tempest Plus, Trophy Plus, and Fury are just $29.99, which saves you $23. Prop Hub kits make perfect stocking stuffers, because they fit perfectly into a Christmas stocking and no boater wants to be stuck on the sand bar with a spun hub insert or a worn out prop nut. All of these hub kits are the Delrin plastic insert kits designed for HP ratings under 300 HP.

Here’s another gift: The deluxe B-Stow prop storage mount, the $99.99 version with the propeller mounting hardware, aft adapter and prop nut, is just $69.99! This marine-grade aluminum solid propeller mount can be installed in a bilge, pick-up bed or boathouse; anywhere you want to keep your current or spare prop snug and secure.

Once again we’re making it easier – or at least less expensive – to give a gift with a 11% Discount on BBLADES Gift Certificates from Black Friday (November 28, 2014) through Christmas Eve. You’ll need to enter promo code BBGIFT14 at check out on our website to get the savings, and make sure you indicate on the order if you want the certificate shipped, and where. An excellent gift for the boater in your life or stuff it in your own stocking for future discounted purchases. BBLADES Gift Certificates are good toward any BBLADES product or service and are good for one year; not valid with other offers or discounts.

MERCURY PROP REPAIR CEASES OPERATIONS

It’s important to report that another legendary marine industry tradition falls by the weigh side as Mercury Racing discontinues factory prop repair service. As alumni of the Mercury Racing Prop Shop Brett, Bob and Dan possess nearly 80 years of combined Mercury Racing training and experience and BBLADES experience that is put to use on hundred of propellers per year here at BBLADES. So, fear not, tradition-bound boater you can still get the same “factory-like” repair work done to your favorite wheel, or have a new one Lab Finished, by the factory-trained pros at BBLADES. The BBLADES techs can put an exact Merc Racing recipe back to its original Merc specs or can customize the recipe to better fit your application as needed. While we’re on the subject, winter is the perfect time to have prop repairs done. You don’t need the prop now, and can avoid the longer lead times during the Spring rush.

CHECKING IN WITH WALLEYE PRO KOREY SPRENGEL

Fishing Pro Korey Sprengel has made a meteoric rise on the professional walleye fishing trail in eight years, helped along by five major victories in the past four years, and he’s learned a few things about propellers along the way.

“Before I started working with BBLADES, I knew about blade count and pitch, and basic things,” Sprengel says, “but I’ve learned so much about the nuance of tweaking props – adding or taking away cup - from Brett, and why it’s important.”

The 29-year old has come as far in that knowledge as he has in his fishing prowess, engaging with BBLADES President, Brett Anderson, to develop a lab finishing formula of his own, specifically matched to his Ranger 620 Fisherman and Mercury 250 Pro XS. “I fish a lot of rough water, and just as important as speed is boat control,” Sprengel explains. “If you can set the bow at the proper height with your propping, the boat will run more efficiently, and at the fastest safe speed.”

Sprengel – who had a rollercoaster 2014 season – finished the year strong with a couple of major wins at the Cabela’s National Walleye Tour and Master Walleye Circuit championships. “On Lake Winnebago, I had to travel 15 or 20 miles down lake to my fish,” recounts Sprengel, “My bite was early, so I had to get to the fish quick Having confidence in your equipment knowing how far and how fast you can run, can mean all the difference in a tournament. It’s one less thing to worry about.”

Sprengel mixed things up a bit this year, fishing a North American Bass Circuit event and finishing eighth. It hooked him enough that he plans to spend about half his time at bass events in 2015. “It’s a new challenge, for sure, and there are more opportunities on the bass side,” Sprengel says. “Everything about it is new to me, and I love the new challenge.”

BBLADES would like to congratulate all of the 2014 SBI Key West Offshore World Championship participants. We also send a thank you to those who have raced with our products over the years. We look forward to a stellar 2015!

Join Us On Facebook!
Join our BBLADES Facebook page and invite your friends along for the ride. You’ll find helpful prop information, sure, but also boating safety info, some fun and funny stuff and boating events from Poker Runs to Fishing Tournaments scattered through the country – and the world!

From time-to-time we’ll be holding contests or just giving things away because we like to do that every now and then. Do you have a boating related event happening? We’d love to help you promote it to our worldwide group of friends and fellow boaters. And you’ll be able to take advantage of Facebook-Only Special Offers. So come on and give us a “like,” you’ll be glad you did.