Turning Point - Speedzone prop >

Turning Point - Speedzone prop

Notices

Turning Point - Speedzone prop

Old 08-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Turning Point - Speedzone prop

Has anyone ever worked with a turning point speedzone prop? I recently picked up a 14 3/4 x 23P RH It is an older prop that previous owner had on an optimax OB on a bass boat. I had been running a 21P mirage and it wasn't enough prop. Very happy with this prop overall. Picked up almost 5 mph and dropped 6.5% on slip over the mirage. RPM is about 200 rpm lower than I'd like but was over revving with the mirage by about 150 -200 rpm. with the rake and cup thats in it the prop reminds me of a tempest. Either the prop or the additional speed finally got my hull loosened up, the last 2 mph the stern was getting a little loose and even started to get a hint of chine walk. The overall lift was good but I think I was getting more stern lift than bow lift even as I added trim. The speed came up as I trimmed up but then leveled off where with the mirage the speed climbs all the way until I loose bite. I still feel I could use more bow lift and wondering if the mirage plus with it's bigger blade would accomplish this more so than this turning point speedzone?