Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Straight Bottom Top Gun TRS Prop? >

Straight Bottom Top Gun TRS Prop?

Notices

Straight Bottom Top Gun TRS Prop?

Old 01-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Straight Bottom Top Gun TRS Prop?

Looking for input on props on a TRS Top Gun with straight bottom and 500hp motors. Pitch? 3 blade? 4 blade? Pros and cons
Old 01-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I ran 28 4 blade on my 92 Kevlar boat but it was 625 a side, whats on it currently
Old 01-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungGunKC
Looking for input on props on a TRS Top Gun with straight bottom and 500hp motors. Pitch? 3 blade? 4 blade? Pros and cons
Depending on your goals, 4 or 5 blades.
We have propellers from Mercury as well as BBLADES you can test through our test program without having to purchase the propellers.

I like the 4-SPEED BBLADES props since the X dimension is low.

Brett
Old 01-23-2019, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
I ran 28 4 blade on my 92 Kevlar boat but it was 625 a side, whats on it currently
28 3 blades. Only got a couple hours of run time last season (new to me boat). I can’t recall speeds/rpm of the top of my head. But 70-72mph was about max. Very slow out of the hole but seemed to cruise around 48-50 @ 4000, but don’t quote me.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

28 3 blades. Only got a couple hours of run time last season (new to me boat). I can’t recall speeds/rpm of the top of my head. But 70-72mph was about max. Very slow out of the hole but seemed to cruise around 48-50 @ 4000, but don’t quote me.
seem like pretty decent numbers, does it cavitate out of the hole ? I did have another 92 TG with 500 EFI's and it ran about the same as your's
Old 01-23-2019, 06:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
seem like pretty decent numbers, does it cavitate out of the hole ? I did have another 92 TG with 500 EFI's and it ran about the same as your's
Yeah it cavitates pretty easy if you’re not slow on the throttles. Would a 4 blade help with that?
Old 01-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I tucked the drives all the way and never used the tabs leave them neutral,
Old 01-23-2019, 08:02 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

<div style="text-align:left;"><br /><br />Yeah it cavitates pretty easy if you’re not slow on the throttles. Would a 4 blade help with that?</div>
<br /><br />YoungGunKC<br />

Yes the 4 blades will help in that scenario. There aren't too many 28 3 blade props for TRS drives or alpha/Bravo drives. Maybe those props are reworked or adjusted?<br />Your cruise speed efficiency is poor at around 30% slip.<br />Once you get some WOT speed and rpm numbers, it will be easier to get you to the point you want to be at, or the best that rig can be at.<br />The boat is new to you so it makes sense to get a bunch of seat time and performance number that are accurate. Then determine the best route to go. <br />Anyway you look at, a TG Cig is a awesome ride.<br />Let me know if we can offer any help.<br /><br />Brett

I'm not sure why this posted this way but I think you can still manage to make it out..

Last edited by bbladesprops; 01-23-2019 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Software issues with OSO. not sure why the text cam out this way. Tried to re do but didn't work
Old 01-24-2019, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
<br /><br />YoungGunKC<br />

Yes the 4 blades will help in that scenario. There aren't too many 28 3 blade props for TRS drives or alpha/Bravo drives. Maybe those props are reworked or adjusted?<br />Your cruise speed efficiency is poor at around 30% slip.<br />Once you get some WOT speed and rpm numbers, it will be easier to get you to the point you want to be at, or the best that rig can be at.<br />The boat is new to you so it makes sense to get a bunch of seat time and performance number that are accurate. Then determine the best route to go. <br />Anyway you look at, a TG Cig is a awesome ride.<br />Let me know if we can offer any help.<br /><br />Brett

I'm not sure why this posted this way but I think you can still manage to make it out..
Thsy are 25p 3 blades. Idk why I thought 28
Old 01-25-2019, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I'd say the speed is correct for 500's. As for the cavitation, Like F-2 Speedy said .tuck the drives all the way and no need for tabs. More importantly is initial hooked up speed and boat attitude to plane with the TRS and 3 Blades. I personally wouldn't change the props. Speed # seems right on. Have to see what RPM's you are turning at 72MPH. I will assume 5200-5300 which would be right on. 3 Blades are less stress on the TRS drives. Even though the horsepower is only 500, might as well not work drives too hard with Shock. Enjoy the boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.