Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀 >

Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀

Like Tree0Likes

Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀

Old 03-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Registered

Default Hydromotive p5x wanted 👍😀

Does anyone have a right hand 31-32p for sale and offer shipment to Norway?
😀
Thanks
Dan
Old 03-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

I have a set of 33's.
I know this isn't what you asked for. But, there will not be any P5X props available for a undisclosed time frame.

Sorry,
Brett
Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Registered

Hi Brett. I think 33 will be to big? The boat is American offshore NSX with complete scx drive. The ratio i belive is 1.34. When i bought the boat it came with a hydromotive quad 4x 33p. I lost a blade but was a fast propeller. Little hard to get up. Then I put on a B1 32p. And with no slip when I was getting up. Runs with the same top end as the quad4x but i notice when I run approx 80 mph the propeller slips alot. You feel it as the boat wants to pull and then falls little back and so on. Both propeller runs 104 mph on top. Not sure What then engine rpm is. Because i have 2 tachometers and they dont show the same. But I think around 5600 with 4 people and gear. Limit on this engine is 6000.
The reason im looking for a new propeller Is that I want to have better overall performance in mid range and possible top end.

I heard that the p5x is a good match on this boat without knowing the exact drive hight. What do you think? Is it also possible for you to take down some pitch on the propeller if i need to? And What price do you offer for the right hand ?

Thanks
Dan Roger

Last edited by danse78; 03-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

My Boat: .......32............. ............Active Thunder....

To maintain the same rpms, you will probably need to drop down to 30" in a 5 blade prop.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by danse78 View Post
Hi Brett. I think 33 will be to big? The boat is American offshore NSX with complete scx drive. The ratio i belive is 1.34. When i bought the boat it came with a hydromotive quad 4x 33p. I lost a blade but was a fast propeller. Little hard to get up. Then I put on a B1 32p. And with no slip when I was getting up. Runs with the same top end as the quad4x but i notice when I run approx 80 mph the propeller slips alot. You feel it as the boat wants to pull and then falls little back and so on. Both propeller runs 104 mph on top. Not sure What then engine rpm is. Because i have 2 tachometers and they dont show the same. But I think around 5600 with 4 people and gear. Limit on this engine is 6000.
The reason im looking for a new propeller Is that I want to have better overall performance in mid range and possible top end.

I heard that the p5x is a good match on this boat without knowing the exact drive hight. What do you think? Is it also possible for you to take down some pitch on the propeller if i need to? And What price do you offer for the right hand ?

Thanks
Dan Roger

Dan,

The prop can be adjusted 1" of pitch.
I'm sorry however that I can only sell the props as a set. LH singles are hard to sell. I have a few of those on the shelf.

Thank you,
Brett