Chris craft concept 258 >

Chris craft concept 258

Notices

Chris craft concept 258

Old 07-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chris craft concept 258

hey guys just jumpd back into the world of boating picked up the above mentiond boat, had it a week love the lay out and the room for the size, just looking to get alitle more speed out of her, it has a reinstalled power plant in 2016 with a 454 mag, not sure what hp mag, but is a mag carb, know its a 4 bolt main out of a 94 Mariaha, anyway runs good no issues there, guy had the wrong prop on it and was a 4 blade aluminum 18p, which was way over reving, so i switch it to a the spare 20p, but didnt really gain anything at all, bit of rpm drop at WOT, so it within range i guess from 4600 to 5000, i had tried a 21p cleaver stainless but that ended up ion thebottom of lake but put me at 4600 @ WOT which i though was ntb , but is more of a top water prop not sure how good it is didnt get much testing time the hub sperated and i didnt have the right parts i geuss to keep it on the shaft apparently lol. so i wondering if i should go to a 21P regular like a mirage or laser 2 or something, or up it to a 23 and sacrifice and use the tabs a bit ?

just a side note, boat is 5000lbs, usually max 4 adults usually only 2 so maybe 500lbs in gear, and been keeping around the same amount of fuel 20 gallons bout half a tank or so, im thinking boat should do 50 mph not sure how much of a strech that is. but cruising speed is usually at 3500 rpm at 31-32 mph. let me know what you guys think thanks
Old 07-10-2019, 06:55 AM
Registered

well i think im maxed out with a 22P SS 4 blade droped my cruise rpm to about 3250 and Wot gained 3mph on top but is at the edge of power band 4500 - 4600 @ WOT think being a bit heavier boat the 4 blades really help to give me more stern lift....
Old 08-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Registered

Default 92 Chris craft Concept 258 prop sizing

really no one has any recommendations? im actually thinking of going down to a 19P mirage plus see if its more of a needs more water to move, i think the 22p is on the edge of beeing to much since i can only turn it at aroun 4500 and should be up a around 4700 4800 rpm