VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 250 Likes on 126 Posts

New cam is gonna be .610,.627 lift and I'm planning 5800-6000

Where did you get 700 lift and 6500?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

That was a guesstimate on why dedppl is sprung so heavy. I don’t think you will need 225/545 with the cam you referenced but I would go with the manufacturer recommendations. ICDEDPPL has a bit more radical build sheet than you do, I’m guessing.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yea hes got fricking top fuel dragster motors in that thing...makes mine look like an ecoboost hahaha I gotcha now...I'm using the same head guy he uses and letting him decide on what springs I need...I'm sure they won't be as radical as his like you're saying
Old 10-24-2019, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

247/254
.673/680
on an Easy on valvetrain endurance HUC lobe.

I don`t consider that radical. People think it`s too much spring pressures but I don`t agree.
Never had a valve train related issue and I spin em to 6100. so I`ll stick to what works.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 10-24-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

If I am not mistaken a Heat has a pad, they love Hydromotive props. You may need a 1" spacer to bring the drive back down to help with chine walk.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yes they are a pad vee hull...2 different variations however...non-stepped(mine) or flatbottom and a stepped version with a smaller pad if I'm not mistaken.

The flat bottom has a very deep x dimension from the factory and has seen benefits from the shorty..not many of these still out there not to mention idiots like me trying to make them fast haha...fastest one I could find digging through threads was 88 mph with 860ish HP

The stepped version has a much shallower x and as you said love the hydromotive's and people have seen gains by adding a spacer to bring the propshaft height down lower and help with prop slip. From what I've read power for power the stepped hulls are 4-5 mph faster than my hull.

I'm kinda in uncharted territory as most people mod the stepped hulls but at the time I bought it I couldn't find one in my price range so I get what I get lol.

In regards to the chine walk...I have heard reports of the stepped hulls getting a little walk in the 80-85 range but if you drive through it it will settle down in the upper 80s....will that be the same for mine?? Who knows...I do know the shorty helped drastically on the porpoise or "hop" I was experiencing at cruise speeds..it was BAD!! And now it is gone completely so I consider that a slight win.

I did notice a huge difference between the 26 and 28 in regards to the chine walk again...same within 1 MPH top end speed and same RPM with has led me to discover what I think is an engine deficiency as noted earlier but regardless...same speed essentially and it chine walked pretty bad with the 26 and didn't at all with the 28..like it was totally non existent with the 28....so that being said...maybe the 26 is carrying the bow a little better causing the chine walk? Who really knows...kinda just throwing darts at a board at this point until I get the RPMs up into the range I'd like to see...and with the season over here in good ole MI I pulled the motor last weekend and will do the work on it over the winter and revisit all this in the spring...hopefully with much better results!!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 241 Likes on 60 Posts

Well??? Spring is here. Oh wait I just noticed you are in Michigan. Thanks for starting such a great thread! I am now re-thinking my valve springs. .639/.641 251/[email protected], I got 150 seat 395 open. Was planning to see 5600wot N/A. It is still on the stand(fully assembled), but not too late to change springs. Once in the boat the prop equation begins and I dont have any money left to guess wrong lol. I got the stock 24 that came on my Baja, I could ship it to you and you could ship me the 26 so we could both get closer to a solution?
Old 03-05-2020, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm actually going with a whole different engine. 540 with enginequest heads and some other goodies....Not sure where that is gonna land me prop wise...once I get it on the water and see what I have we can talk more about the prop situation.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 498 Likes on 273 Posts

1000++ HP Quad Whipple monster??