270 Laser twin less lift? >

270 Laser twin less lift?

Notices

270 Laser twin less lift?

Old 08-11-2020, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 270 Laser twin less lift?

I have posted before about my 96 Powerquest 270 laser twin 350 mag mpi/B1’s chine walking at top end. I will be addressing finishing my hydraulic steering from the helm to the transom, I have twin rams but cable at the helm right now. The question here is I’m currently turning 23p mirages our and the boat performs very well up to about 60mph but there is a lot of boat out of the water, it is down right scary around 70mph. Anyone have any prop recommendations?

Old 08-13-2020, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

I would finish your steering first before buying different props. Friends 38 Fountain was a handful to drive with the same characteristics you describe, also with the same cable over hydraulic that you have. Put full hydraulic to the helm and boat is a joy to drive now. My 30 Panther lost speed when I went full hydraulic because more boat was in the water instead of chine to chine. lol Scary to drive also.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I would finish your steering first before buying different props. Friends 38 Fountain was a handful to drive with the same characteristics you describe, also with the same cable over hydraulic that you have. Put full hydraulic to the helm and boat is a joy to drive now. My 30 Panther lost speed when I went full hydraulic because more boat was in the water instead of chine to chine. lol Scary to drive also.
Yes, most dream for a running attitude like that on a heavier hull haha. Looks like it carries the bow nicely in the first pic.

Full hydraulic steering and learn to balance the boat on the keel with steering inputs is the ticket. Verify drives are parallel as well.