Prop advice for a 25' thunder bb/bravo >

Prop advice for a 25' thunder bb/bravo

Notices

Prop advice for a 25' thunder bb/bravo

Old 08-30-2020, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop advice for a 25' thunder bb/bravo

Hi guys, I figured that the experience on the boards might save me some floundering around!
I just bought a 2000 Thunder boat, 25', fairly shallow v compared to a baja or formula, stock 7.4l mag mpi (385 hp), Bravo 1 outdrive. Its currently running a stock matte finished merc revolution 23p 4 blade. It will rev to 5200 or slightly above (i backed off) at 64mph. It really doesn't come out of the hole hard, but its a 3300lb boat and I had 500lbs of fuel and 400 lbs of people in it, so maybe I'm expecting too much! The bow did lift quite a bit even trimmed all the way town. It was its fastest trimmed halfway up.
Any advice as to what would be a good prop to try? I'd love to avoid having several "ok" props hanging on my wall! Hopefully someone has good experience here. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2020, 08:52 PM
Registered

Default No one???

No thoughts?
Old 09-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

we run an active thunder 25 foot bravo xr and have twice the power you have and we are running a bravo 4 blade 26p i am thinking a good old mirage or mirage plus 3 blade would work well
Old 09-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Registered

I bought a 25p mirage plus, but Im having second thoughts about running a solid hub prop since I spend alot of my time on the Mississippi. I've been fortunate, but theres always a real chance of smacking something with the lower unit! I might see if I can find one w the flo-torque hub instead.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:31 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 357 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by boostbros View Post
we run an active thunder 25 foot bravo xr and have twice the power you have and we are running a bravo 4 blade 26p i am thinking a good old mirage or mirage plus 3 blade would work well
His/her boat is not an Active Thunder.