Bravo III no bow lift >

Bravo III no bow lift

Notices

Bravo III no bow lift

Old 11-20-2022, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
This isn't a B3 to B1 issue, you don't have enough power in the current boat. Add a bunch more HP and it will get closer to doing it.

If your currently hit max WOT adding cup will lower the RPM
Im a former marine service owner/ operator 30years in the business. I know all about trim limiter, trim taps , cup pitch, rake, bow lift, #of blades, ballast and what not.

these stock props have no cup. adding cup gives more bow lift while on plane all the way to WOT..
I know adding cup will increase the load initially but get the hull dryer.
when the hull gets dryer the load decreases and rpms go up.
theoretically ; dryer hull more rpm and speed.

my question is ; has anyone done this (cupped them) on a bravo3? and if so what where the results.?
Thank you for all the replies
Old 11-21-2022, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by j272
Im a former marine service owner/ operator 30years in the business. I know all about trim limiter, trim taps , cup pitch, rake, bow lift, #of blades, ballast and what not.

these stock props have no cup. adding cup gives more bow lift while on plane all the way to WOT..
I know adding cup will increase the load initially but get the hull dryer.
when the hull gets dryer the load decreases and rpms go up.
theoretically ; dryer hull more rpm and speed.

my question is ; has anyone done this (cupped them) on a bravo3? and if so what where the results.?
Thank you for all the replies
As I stated prior, yes I have added cup to BIII prop sets and have ran XR prop sets that have cup in them. I saw no noticeable difference in bow carrying ability as the boats already had no problem carrying the bow. And the XR prop set actually added stern lift due to the forward 4 blade prop.

I would talk to Brett at BBlades or the folks at FJ Propeller and get their take on whether or not whatever amount of cup they can add to your props will get your desired results. I know Brett has a formula for B1 4 blades for Baja owners to get more bow lift. Buddy had him do it for his 33 Outlaw that ran wet and it made a big difference. Not sure if the same formula would translate to those elephant ear BIII props.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
As I stated prior, yes I have added cup to BIII prop sets and have ran XR prop sets that have cup in them. I saw no noticeable difference in bow carrying ability as the boats already had no problem carrying the bow. And the XR prop set actually added stern lift due to the forward 4 blade prop.

I would talk to Brett at BBlades or the folks at FJ Propeller and get their take on whether or not whatever amount of cup they can add to your props will get your desired results. I know Brett has a formula for B1 4 blades for Baja owners to get more bow lift. Buddy had him do it for his 33 Outlaw that ran wet and it made a big difference. Not sure if the same formula would translate to those elephant ear BIII props.
ok thanks, Bret at bblades. appreciate it. ill give him a call