Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Bravo 1 Prop Corretion >

Bravo 1 Prop Corretion

Notices

Bravo 1 Prop Corretion

Old 05-13-2024, 01:37 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BajaIceBreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 704
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bravo 1 Prop Corretion

I have a pair of Bravo props, and I'm getting suggestions to have them "Corrected". Meaning, they believe that the props come from the factory with the blades not all matching in pitch. Could this be a source of my high slip numbers? And what other options are reasonable to reduce slip numbers?
BajaIceBreaker is offline  
Old 05-13-2024, 08:33 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 580
Received 328 Likes on 155 Posts
Default

If you decide to go with truing the prop, Sante Marine on Detroit Rd. I'd recommend. They did a few props for me the last few years.



Last edited by xlint89; 05-13-2024 at 08:35 PM.
xlint89 is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 05:42 AM
  #3  
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 530
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

I’ve been told Bravo-1 is overstated in their pitch. So a 24 will be closer to 23 actual pitch. That’s gonna affect your slip calculations.
Just what I have read……on the internet.
liberator221 is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 08:01 AM
  #4  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BajaIceBreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 704
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by xlint89
If you decide to go with truing the prop, Sante Marine on Detroit Rd. I'd recommend. They did a few props for me the last few years.
They're not in Cleveland anymore. They're in Lakeside Marblehead now. The just got operations underway a few weeks ago. They acquired Sante Marine Propellers.
BajaIceBreaker is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: houston texas
Posts: 487
Received 88 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

as stated the bravo pitch is high than the trued pitch,,,,,even mercury in their litature tells u if running a rev4 or tempest,ect to add higher pitch when go to a bravo from what pitch was running on the other props,,,
so check slip calculator using 1-2 pitch less that whats on the prop
bblades and fj propeller both true up them props daily and redesign blades and bell better matched for your boat
when u tell them the slipo and how boat riding characteristics
johnmiffco is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 06:43 PM
  #6  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
BajaIceBreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 704
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by johnmiffco
as stated the bravo pitch is high than the trued pitch,,,,,even mercury in their litature tells u if running a rev4 or tempest,ect to add higher pitch when go to a bravo from what pitch was running on the other props,,,
so check slip calculator using 1-2 pitch less that whats on the prop
bblades and fj propeller both true up them props daily and redesign blades and bell better matched for your boat
when u tell them the slipo and how boat riding characteristics
If you consider 1 - 2 pitch less than advertised.. do you still add 1 pitch for the cup? Slip calculator on Go-fast.com says to add 1 pitch if it's cupped.
BajaIceBreaker is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 08:43 PM
  #7  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 580
Received 328 Likes on 155 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BajaIceBreaker
They're not in Cleveland anymore. They're in Lakeside Marblehead now. The just got operations underway a few weeks ago. They acquired Sante Marine Propellers.
Sorry, didn't know they moved. Their MRI truing looked good when I had it done.
xlint89 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.