Resto has began! 1988 Image / Ocean express 31 cat   TONS OF PICS >

Resto has began! 1988 Image / Ocean express 31 cat TONS OF PICS

Notices

Resto has began! 1988 Image / Ocean express 31 cat TONS OF PICS

Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
Nothing good, stopped into the builders yesterday he tore into the other engine found both heads cracked, one was very kinda odd cracked in the intake port the other was normal between the int & ex valve seats thats what you get with 208 / 16 valves in a small block i guess. Looks like both engines were very well build back in the day they have a lot of time on them, seems like they were overheated a time or two so I ordered two new water pumps today just to insure the new power will be safe. Guess its true B.O.A.T today meant " Bring out another TWO thousand" the heads were $450 each + a few hours of machine work to match them to the port engine thats already done & a pair or sea pumps. Better safe them sorry, at least it will be reliable fore the upcoming season.........
Well that is really to bad, but better to find it now instead of in the middle of summer. These dam toys will keep us working longer hours to feed the need for speed. The more HP the more fuel usage, etc, etc, the hotter the weather the more beer, it's a snow ball effect. (did I really say SNOW?)

Anyways don't get discouraged keep after it. all the best!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
Nothing good, stopped into the builders yesterday he tore into the other engine found both heads cracked, one was very kinda odd cracked in the intake port the other was normal between the int & ex valve seats thats what you get with 208 / 16 valves in a small block i guess. Looks like both engines were very well build back in the day they have a lot of time on them, seems like they were overheated a time or two so I ordered two new water pumps today just to insure the new power will be safe. Guess its true B.O.A.T today meant " Bring out another TWO thousand" the heads were $450 each + a few hours of machine work to match them to the port engine thats already done & a pair or sea pumps. Better safe them sorry, at least it will be reliable fore the upcoming season.........
Sorry to hear that!

Better to find out now then in the middle of boating season or worse you end up doing more damage!

Stay positive..
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries Im still heading the right way! Staying positive, I was thinking the same thing better now then mid august when I want to be enjoying the boat not working on it. Parts are ordered, WP heads all new SS valves, springs, locks seals retainers & locks. Going strait to the builders in house machine shop to get decked, port matched, opened up & polished. Looking to dyno around 5/1 with any luck!!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to here of the troubles. You will have piece of mind now!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Sorry to here of the troubles. You will have piece of mind now!
Exactly!! Well the new WP heads are here, machine work is all done they flow way better now, cut down to a 58.5 cc chamber to match the port Engine. Waiting to complete final assy, break in time & a few dyno pulls. Cant wait to get these back & get them installed..... I almost forgot what my boat looks like with power actually in it haha I know its gonna look & run better them it ever has since Ive owned it!!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Any updates???
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rookie
Any updates???
Finally got a pair of Dart heads since World Products is no longer, machine work is being done now. Im hoping to have them all ready to tune them by next weekend. then Ill need a couple days to install & finish us a couple small things. Now that I have hp #'s I need to get off my a$$ & order some props just been crazy busy with work the last couple months. Gotta make hay when the sun shines!!

I had a set of WP's that I bought new/used that we started machining on & ended up not being the correct degree for my intakes. So I had to order brand new ones from WP thats when I found out they were closed down & had to order Darts. They were backordered about a month.

Last edited by GTOKILLER; 05-20-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That is a real nice dash setup, Those orange bezels really bring your eyes in for a closer look. Randy
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks Randy!! The engines are the same color along with some other accents under the hatch's. Looks like my power is gonna be ready to pick up this weekend!! cant wait to start installation.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Good to hear mike! I was almost starting to wonder if you gave up hope. Lol. Keep fighting thegood fight sir.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.