Old Motor Dead New Motor Problems >

Old Motor Dead New Motor Problems

Notices

Old Motor Dead New Motor Problems

Old 04-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
What's the cam specs? Those look like real short risers and water hitting the backside of a hot valve could cause it to fracture. Any pics of the other pistons?
I am with you now. took a min. I remember asking about the Cam during the build. They had a cam machined to a particular specification. No part number on build sheet. Will get the specs next week. Just so happens they have a new article an reversion on performaneboats.com

http://www.performanceboats.com/cont...on-review.html
Old 04-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do you have flappers on your exhaust? People are commenting on reversion, that can very well be a problem but it seems with these Eagles when you come off plane the backwash will try to shove it's way up the exhaust. I even adjusted my driving to compensate because the vents above the swim deck would become an open faucet to fill the bilge. When they dyno'd the engine did they use wet or dry exhaust? I take it these pictures are of the dead old engine not the new problem one is that correct? Randy
Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That ;ip pnside the riser is called a turbulator. It catches drops of condensation as a hot engine cools.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those manifolds are prone to reversion. Early HP500's used them and they had a raft of problems with them. Anything over about 230 deg.@ .050 and they reverted. Merc went to CMI exhaust shortly after.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Do you have flappers on your exhaust? People are commenting on reversion, that can very well be a problem but it seems with these Eagles when you come off plane the backwash will try to shove it's way up the exhaust. I even adjusted my driving to compensate because the vents above the swim deck would become an open faucet to fill the bilge. When they dyno'd the engine did they use wet or dry exhaust? I take it these pictures are of the dead old engine not the new problem one is that correct? Randy
You have to treat coming off plane like your driving a 19' jet boat, lift off the throttle, wait for the wake to be within a couple of feet of the transom then goose the throttle.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea every boat has it's quirks & that seems to be one of the eagles but dang they are fast so I can live with it. Is there any new info? or was reversion the problem? Randy
Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Registered

Flappers in and boats running great. Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cool, Now we need pictures Lol. Randy