Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Post photo's of your bilge. >

Post photo's of your bilge.

Notices

Post photo's of your bilge.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And regarding some of the posts about engine clearance, To this day I cannot understand why anyone would put a boat together like that. It seriously boggles the mind...
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

the 500efi with the whipple is in a 27 fountain. that job SUCKED!! the red motors with the gil manifolds are in a 35 lightning. tall decks. had to take the GIL nameplate off the manifolds to get it to fit[ATTACH=CONFIG]504530[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Post photo's of your bilge.-camera-phone-922.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

carter those are sick, but if your like me when I work on mine cause it will break I drop tools, oil gets everywhere, mine wouldn't lookm like that long.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
carter those are sick, but if your like me when I work on mine cause it will break I drop tools, oil gets everywhere, mine wouldn't lookm like that long.
I did all my stuff in DuPont Chromabase including blocks, heads etc . The pics here are recent but everything but the bilge was painted a few years ago. I am not careful and drop a bunch of stuff. I do it for a living but good materials and prep work go a long way...
Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 88bullet
the 500efi with the whipple is in a 27 fountain. that job SUCKED!! the red motors with the gil manifolds are in a 35 lightning. tall decks. had to take the GIL nameplate off the manifolds to get it to fit[ATTACH=CONFIG]504530[/ATTACH]
That's tighter than a pigs Pu$$y
Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Carter38, how did the p29 run with the 427's? Any power numbers and did Smith build the plenums?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys there is alot of nice work here and we have learned alot from this site. One thing that works very well for working on them after there all detailed out is toolbox liner the rubberized stuff works great if you drop something and it don't move around like towels do.

The P-29 is running strong very strong he's had a few drive issues and Brad got his spare all built last week. They are going to do some testing this week. If all goes well you will see it run in the shootout this year. The plenums were actually the stock 350 merc ones Brad just did some major porting on them all new fast electronics there was no expense spared on that setup.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here is Casey's bullet we got the motors back in last night along with all the custom plates and battery covers. Will post complete pictures of this redo in a few days. He also did all new interior with carbon accents. Boat is coming out incredible!
Attached Thumbnails Post photo's of your bilge.-caseys-motors.jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are some great pics, when I started on mine I thought I would clean & paint and that would be good enough but not so. There is a LOT of thought & imagination that shows in these boats. I have even thought about pulling mine back apart so I can change a few things, I most likely will because I can't leave well enough alone,Lol. These pics give me all kinds of ideas I never would have thought of on my own. Keep the pics coming please & when I get back to work on my Eliminator I will post progress in the restoration section where I have a thread going. Randy
Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The last boat I posted seems like we pull the motors once a year to ad more to it. I think it's done for a while now I'm actually looking forward to winterizing it this year for the first time in about 6 years lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.