Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
Nova Marine 24 CC Update....finally...... >

Nova Marine 24 CC Update....finally......

Notices

Nova Marine 24 CC Update....finally......

Old 01-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Hey nice work HC !
Old 01-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the deep
Hey nice work HC !
Thanks! Really looking forward to getting back out to your Lake this year. Cant wait to be perched on the bow in the Bean Bags watching you folks come screaming by....we are counting the days.
Heavy work travel till April starts tomorrow. I hope the time flies, then slows down so I can button things up on my own project.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to say...yours is one of the best engineered and executed conversions I have seen...great job!!!

Did you ever consider leaving it set up as twin I/O's...just wondering.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
I have to say...yours is one of the best engineered and executed conversions I have seen...great job!!!

Did you ever consider leaving it set up as twin I/O's...just wondering.
Thanks Sprink...much appreciated.
No, wanted a single diesel CC from the start, and like my last project, I had the engine long before the hull.
Was workin a deal for a RTO- a D4 300/DPH, but fell thru. Then a pair of RTO 8.1's fell my way. I sold off 1) of the 8.1's and kept the 2nd drive & shield for spares.
I did make the well & engine box to fit a D4...it will happen someday. Much thought & detail attention to everything so thanks for noticing.

Deconstruction

Coosa transom

Divinycell stringers

New Cap Flipped for glassing

Starting to look like a CC

Probably my favorite picture...A handscrew clamp that belonged to my father......I know that got a chuckle from up above. Other than Noahs, only boat he had anything to do with belonged to the Navy and was taking him toward Korea.

Last edited by High Cetane; 01-13-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

HC , I have some people watching for a vacation rental for you . Will let you know if we find something . Again , really nice craftsmanship on your boat .
Old 03-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Registered

Home from considerable work travel to find the ingredients for a swim platform waiting for me.( well, all except for warm weather). Stumbled on a used platform.....since the shape & dimensions work, going to go this route rather than start from scratch.
Some Coosa followed me home, and I found the brackets that will allow for easy platform R&R. Once recored- should be fairly light, even with the brackets.
Probably going to go with the boarding ladder off to the side as in the pic, even if doesn't look like it belongs there (right now). I'm always very worried the girl's feet are going to find those props, so, its a solution.

Its rough now, but like everything else, will be nice when done.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 PM
Registered

Like a Box-o-Chocolates....Some coring, eh? Platform was in rough shape before it ever saw water & rotted out.

Turning chicken manure into chicken salad..... getting things ready for the new Coosa.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Registered

Warm weather = Progress.
Got the Coosa & glass work done, test fit the brackets, and all is well. Even with the span between the brackets, there's no flex, yet still really light.
Still room for thru hull exhaust and the brackets on the inside are out of direct view. Paint is on its way, all thats left is to make it pretty and bolt it on. Might use some trim similar to rubrail to go around the edge. We'll see.

Pull 2 Pins, and its off like a Prom Dress....