Who's got a Liberator ?

Notices

Who's got a Liberator ?

Old 03-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's got a Liberator ?

Hi all.

I posted this on another site and got zero responses. I know it's a bad time of year, but I thought of try here, too.

New to the forum (been stalking here for a while) and am hoping for some help. I have a unique question. I have a 1988 liberator 241 that I purchased last summer. I love it. The poor thing has not had a great amount of love in its life. Yhe boat was gutted and sold at a repo auction a few years back. It was rehab'd and the interior was re-done in, say, an inexpensive manner. The bench seat is terrible and I am working on rebuilding it and redoing the cockpit upholstery this spring. My attempt with be to try to get the bench back to as close of a stock appearance as possible.

With that said, if there is someone out there with a libby that could take some measurements (I can make adjustments for a non-241) and dedicated pics of the bench seat to help me with what the exterior and interior structure looks like. I obviously have seen the bench from multiple pics on the web, but I can never seem to get a pic of the lower portion of the front of it and certainly none of the inside. I'm also interested in how and where the seat lifts up.

Any help you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mark
Old 03-21-2014, 08:01 PM
JBA
Registered

love the Liberators looks.. You should post some pics.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check speedwake.com, there is a huge liberator thread there and its still active
Old 03-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Use the search function top right to find another member who has one. Then pm them from there.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Registered

I have a 1989 241, love it!! rebuilt the engine last year, runs 60-65 mph.