Velocity 22 Resurrection >

Velocity 22 Resurrection

Notices

Velocity 22 Resurrection

Old 06-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Order your glass stuff from us composites.

I'd build a wicked stroker small block too!
Old 06-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been researching the LS engines, an LS1 or LS2 can reach my power goals pretty easily. I may end up putting in what I have now to get me going, but I still get a bravo before hand. Hardin Marine has some good options for LS exhaust, both manifolds and headers! But at $4k the headers would need to be an upgrade afterward. Due to the expense in any case, an LS and hydraulic steering may be a few years down the road.

Transom
Got my glass in last Monday, decided to wait and start until the weekend. I built some clamps to help press the boards to the back of the hull, still need to run some supports for them. I'll also make some bolt holes where the exhaust and drive protrude so I can clamp those areas as well. The transom removal took a lot longer than I anticipated, nearly a whole day. After it was out I ground down the extra glass. I left off today with fitting the first board, I think I'm going to glass them in one at a time. Seems easier than trying to monkey around 3 laminated together and clamping them in, though it will take longer. Hope to get them in this week and start on the stringers next weekend.

Click...

Old 06-16-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

Supercharged for sure. Thats one of the main reasons it'll have to wait, need to build it as intended the first time. Origionally i was looking to build a blown 383 sbc, but theyre very dated and heavier. Until then the SBC on hand will do.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my .02 but full hyd. steering should be at the top of your list.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,117 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Borgie
An LS1 or LS2 won't see 650hp. Trust me you want cubes. As stated, I've toyed with some large power LS motors. Toss a turbo or blower on it, then it will rock! Even a 6.0 or 6.2 LS(N/A) isn't gonna have the torque a BBC has. Everyone gets so spun out on HP, when torque turns props and is the most important value. There's a reason LS motors aren't the big thing in marine applications, they are expensive and don't offer large displacement. Not dogging the idea, I like it, but for a lower power goal naturally aspirated. Interesting to see what you end up with.
The little velocity's don't need torque.

I'll take a 525HP at 5800rpm small block any day over a 525hp at 5200rpm big block In a little, lite boat that responds to everything and anything.

A low-mid 300hp 'nothing' small block will go over 70 in one of these boats. That should tell you.

Last edited by SB; 06-16-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Registered

Started glassing it in!

Click...
Old 06-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work, how many layers of glass and plywood?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 AM
Registered

Hull
1.5ozMat
Ply
1.5ozMat
Ply
1.5ozMat
Ply
1708tab
1708sheet
Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ls-engine.html

all you ever wanted to know about swapping an ls engine. I'm in the middle of my swap right now. no its not cheap but these engines are far more efficient than any sbc could ever hope to be. I'm running the factory ecu with a retune. you can easliy remove the un-needed parts off the harness. tons of info on that as well.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see the benefit of using a small block, it will cost substantially more money to build a small block over a big block. if it's weight savings you are looking for, it will not relate to a boat like if does in a car. if you put 20 gallons in the tank then you just threw your weight savings out the window or add a third passenger or anchor and chain. there is no substitute for cubic inches and its much easier to build hp. if you just simply want a sbc then by all means go for it and enjoy your build.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.