'99 scarab airvents >

'99 scarab airvents

Notices

'99 scarab airvents

Old 07-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 scarab airvents

working on trying to button up some misc cosmetics on my 1999 scarab and im having a lot of trouble finding new airvents for the boat. the long rectangular ones that reside at the back of the hull on each side of the motor compartment. just wondering if anyone knows of a place/website that can get these?

thanks much,

mmr
Old 08-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

I think alot of people have them made at a machine shop. I made the ones for my buddies 38 avs. Just call up a local machine shop and have them make you some then get them powdercoated
Old 08-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Registered

yeah I was afraid of that. no biggie thanks for the reply. hard to believe they wouldnt sell these after all the boats that were sold, or even a reproduction.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Registered

I think I may have a couple of the last ones on this planet that are not on a boat. I only have the port side. This winter I will be making a mold and making the starboard side. The original design has much room for improvement. They will look exactly like the originals but will be much stronger.