Powerquest Engine Blower Ventilation Design >

Powerquest Engine Blower Ventilation Design

Notices

Powerquest Engine Blower Ventilation Design

Old 05-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerquest Engine Blower Ventilation Design

I have a 38 Powerquest Avenger that has had the 4" blower hoses removed. I have been searching for a schemetic or something to put this back together. It has a attwood blower in the starboard transom box and it looks like the port side box (no blower) is for fresh air.

Can anyone help?
Old 05-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Registered

Fit the blowers inline on the four inch hose and mount the blower to something solid, make sure the exhaust blower hose is as low as possible as those are the gases you want remove. On that size of an engine box you could mount 2 blowers for venting speed. Blowers should always discharge and never pump in fresh air. There really is no need to run intake hoses just exhaust.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jamesslade
Fit the blowers inline on the four inch hose and mount the blower to something solid, make sure the exhaust blower hose is as low as possible as those are the gases you want remove. On that size of an engine box you could mount 2 blowers for venting speed. Blowers should always discharge and never pump in fresh air. There really is no need to run intake hoses just exhaust.
There is already a blower attached and operational. It is attached to a box mounted under the back engine hatch area. This box has 4" plastic vents covers that must let the fumes exhaust outside. 2 - 4" hoses are attached to the box on the starbord side and the blower is attached to the port side of this box. What is confusing to me is - if I attach a 4" hose and pull out the fumes....the other 2 hoses are not attched to the blower - what the hell are they going to do??? I wish I could get a picture, but it is to tight of an area for a photo.

If someone has a powerquest, it would make much better sense of how they run the hoses.