1991 Black Thunder 320 resto. >

1991 Black Thunder 320 resto.

Notices

1991 Black Thunder 320 resto.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Black Thunder 320 resto.

Picking up a very solid 1991 Black Thunder 320 hull tomorrow. Not sure why, but a previous owner parted the engines, drives, and cockpit interior from the boat. I plan to do a full restoration on it. So I will start posting pics and progress tomorrow. If anyone has any info on where I may be able to find any of the cockpit interior parts for sale, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I will be building everything from scratch.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered

So the transport home went well. No drama. It was on a leaning tower of cinder blocks at it's last home. We picked it up and transported it about 50 miles to it's new home on the only trailer I had available to me, a 24 footer. Lol. Now the fun begins. It was full of leaves and nasty smelling muck. And, the best part, a raccoon dirt napping in the v berth! My wife began the cleanup of the cockpit last night, but left the cabin cleaning to me. Bummer, since the cabin interior was still in good shape. It's getting stripped and scrubbed with bleach now. I'll post some pics later today. Found some evidence of the boats prior name inside, looks like it was named "Pandora". It is teal and white and may have had some silver tape stripes at some point.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Be VERY careful cleaning up after racoons!!! Wear VERY GOOD dust masks as the racoon poop can have a bacteria or mold or some sort of pathogen that can get airborne and when inhaled can potentially lead to death!!! My brother does construction/rehab work and says when racoon get into home attics they have to bring in a hazmat team to clean up and even tear out all the insulation in the attics!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Last edited by Wally; 07-10-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. will do. Here are a couple of pics.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-12-2015, 07:19 AM
Registered

There's a guy I know locally that has that same boat!