34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Notices

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider

Old 10-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
Nice work! I am curious how that boat got all the way over there in the first place, someone must have wanted it pretty bad!
I imported it from Florida a couple of years ago.

Bought it through a broker I know, didn't go to the states to inspect, trusted my broker and it went very well.
The hard part, U.S. east coast is about the furthest point on the globe from Thailand and we looked at shipping east through the Med, and Suez but decided to go west through the Gulf and Panama canal. Stopped at 11 ports and 3 different ships before it finally arrived. Nearly 4 months from time of payment until the boat arrived in Thailand and shipping cost were pretty horrible.

There's not a lot of quality boats here to choose from, I bought a Sea Ray the same way and it's actually fun. It's like trying to sleep on the night before Christmas to unwrap your presents, but the wait is longer.......!

Back to the thread, some re-fit photos coming.

RR
Old 10-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Part 2, remove the T-top and cutting the console/cabin
Rip out the radar, plotter, VHF, outriggers, aerials etc then can’t remove the screen or the overhead electronics box until the T-top is off. Go figure? Most of the bolts and nuts holding her in place are totally inaccessible and the top is not a salable item here so I go to it with a hacksaw! A lot of sweat and she’s cut down.[ATTACH=CONFIG]545925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]545926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]545927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]545928[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-3.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-4.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-5.jpg  
Old 10-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hacksaw time, this was hot work for me but what man doesn't enjoy destroying things!
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-6.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-7.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-8.jpg  

Old 10-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I stand back and look at my handy work and it hits me. Oh my Buddha! What have I done?
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-9.jpg  
Old 10-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Get the locals tradesmen involved now as we cut the cabin top off and the inner cabin liner as well. Angle grinder and a vacuum held close to pick up a bit of dust, damn hot outside, don’t know how they can stand it.
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-3.jpg  

Old 10-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shorten the stainless grab handles on the front of the cabin beside the fwd seat and re-fit, take as much height out of the cabin as possible without altering the instrument panel. Inner roof/liner is glassed back in place, cabin headroom down from over 6’ to about 5’2”. O.K. for me, guys don’t use it and most Thai girls are 5’ tall!

Re-work the top and re-fit keeping the same shape on top but a step around the front and sides because the cabin tapers in slightly. Very relieved to see the top go back on, I think it’s going to be ok.

Re-model the door frame, cut the door and re-fit.
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-6.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-7.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-8.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-9.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-91.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-4.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-5.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 10-02-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dash is pretty much done, the cut down cabin door is spot on and is that the smallest windscreen you've ever seen on a CC? (The front seat cushion is sticking up in view, don't worry, he's going to get chopped down too)
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-3.jpg  

34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-4.jpg  
Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

There's nothing like good hard work, I could sit and watch it for hours!
Everybody here (except me) contributes, it's the Thai way.

This lady was a terrific worker, spent hours and hours rubbing down and preparing molds and fiberglass work in the next stage.
Attached Thumbnails 34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-1.jpg   34 Fountain CC mild re-fit into a sports/bowrider-2.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 10-01-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

8 dollars a day for this work ? how many days labor ?
Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by tommymonza
8 dollars a day for this work ? how many days labor ?
Minimum wages here are 9,000 baht per month. (about 250 usd)
Small company here is doing the work and I'm sure the boss gets more than that but his workers probably don't. I always make a point to hand the workers something small when I see them, just like saying thank you or tipping.

I haven't pushed the guys to work quickly and I'm not keeping track of their working hours, I only concern myself with the quoted price and then like to see the work is good. Probably wouldn't be doing the work if I had to pay western prices!

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.