Replacement throttle control >

Replacement throttle control

Notices

Replacement throttle control

Old 04-26-2016, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement throttle control

I'm replacing my current throttle control but know nothing about what is offered these days (I am replacing a 46yr old morse ).

What I need is a left side mount throttle control w/; gear shift, locking neutral position, trim (preferred) and tab controls (preferred).

I found a few that I liked the look of and they have a lot of what I am looking for...are there other controllers I should look at? ...also, what makes some of these controllers 7-$800 vs those < $300?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554747[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554748[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554751[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Replacement throttle control-dana_billet_control_boat.jpg   Replacement throttle control-tbsm_r1_cut.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 04-27-2016, 04:17 AM
Registered

I bought the dana marine (marine industries west) side shifter its a very nice piece eddie marine sells one that's similar but I haven't seen anyone use that one I would recommend it though plus it changes the cables over to the new 33c style http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...ntrol_boat.jpg
Old 05-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also build a box and run the Zero Effort Mercury racing / Kiekhaefer controls. Used ones pop up in the Buy sell forum all the time, they are well built and rebuildable. You can also reconfigure a twin set into a single if you need to. I bought a set of beat up looking ones here, added a trim switch, polished the sticks and bases, and replaced the rubber boots for less than 200$

Last edited by murfman; 05-03-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Registered

I like the dana piece, what makes this $800 (a very limited market?)?

I would love the Zero efforts, problem is I don't really have room for them, this is going into a sit down boat much like a donzi.I will keep this in mind for my twin.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:31 AM
Registered

I'm not sure why its such a limited market with side mounted throttle I was going to use a pod with merc controls like murfman said but I didn't have the room either. At one point while I was searching for one, eddy marine had one almost identical to the Dana one and it was 450 then a week later it was 800 and because of that I bought the Dana one but the quality of it makes it worth the price just remember to add another 60 to 100 for new cables and cable end adapters unless you change the shifter end and carb end to the 33c style
Old 05-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Registered

I sat down to buy the Dana throttle control and couldn't do it. If I was putting it on an expensive boat it would be easier, for the boat I need a new throttle for, it would be like putting lipstick on a pig. Also, if I read the product description right, trim controls were only an option for starboard side throttles and I need a port side.

Any recommendations for a port side throttle control with trim adjustments that looks "kinda cool" for around $350-400?
Old 05-16-2016, 11:59 PM
Registered

looks like harden marine has one that's about 200$ cheaper that's similar ...I didn't know that the dana one only came with trim switch on the starboard side I just read on teague's website that it was the same just optional for what side is needed...cheaper style that's still a side mount and not an offshore style is the livorsi shifter and throttle together cant seem to find an exact price on it but i've read a couple people have paid from 375 to 425 but i'd call livorsi to find out and I believe you'll have to buy a bezel plate too but they supply it................. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...bsm_r1_cut.jpg
Old 05-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Registered

Bobbyyeah93 - I saw the hardin shifter but it was different enough from the dana that i didn't really care for it @ $500. I believe the livorsi you are referring to is the discontinued one? I do like that one but I have called around a few places and nobody seems to have them.