Let's see those redone Interiors

Notices

Let's see those redone Interiors

Old 09-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Let's see those redone Interiors

Hi Everyone,

Winter is coming so its time to start planning upgrades I might take on redoing the interior in my scarab. I will reuse the front bolsters with maybe a few cosmetic upgrades but the rear bench seat and other pieces will be completely rebuilt. I plan to do all the design/construction myself while working with a local upholstery shop to take my concept to a reality. I have some ideas of what I want it to look like but it would be great to see what others have done!

Post away!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I also have an older but with an outdated cabin area and would like to see some transformations as well. Lets see em.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Registered

So here is what I am currently working with but like I said I plan to redesign the entire back seat so I can add some cool bells and whistles!

I would love to keep the colors neutral (off white, silver, etc) and love the look of the carbon fiber material but cost will be a big driver. Many will probably say that I should match the colors of the outside but my exterior is a wrap and if I decide to change it in 5 years I don't want to have to worry about the interior!

Old 09-16-2016, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Your sunpad cushions should be switched from side to side so the stripes line up with the back seat. Interior looks to be in good shape-you must be bored.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Katanna
Your sunpad cushions should be switched from side to side so the stripes line up with the back seat. Interior looks to be in good shape-you must be bored.
Those sunpad cushions are actually long gone as I hated that they were three piece and the hatches are just two side by side doors!

The interior is in good shape but the colors and patterns don't match the outside. Not sure I would change the bolsters other than just have them recovered! The back seat is a different story, I want to redesign it so the entire seat can come out in one piece!
Old 09-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out wake boat interiors they are light years ahead
Old 09-17-2016, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had my previous boat redone a couple years ago with a combination of carbon fiber and traditional vinyl. There is very little cost difference between the two. The best tidbits of advice I can give are:
1. find a reputable shop and get (and contact) references.
2. If you're going with exposed stitching (French, baseball, etc) spend the extra money for Tenara thread.
3. Monel staples. Expensive, more difficult to find sometimes, but worth it.

This spring I had the sunpad on my Progression recovered. See all those pleats? Yeah, each one is extra labor/time/money. Matching the colors and texture/grain from swatch books takes some time due to all the of the choices available. If you want to match the front bolsters, plan on making some phone calls to request samples from various distributors to get the perfect match.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 09-17-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Regarding the one piece backseat, my boat has one. It has a removable seat bottom, is constructed of cored fiberglass and carpeted. Held in by stainless quick release fasteners, and light enough to be removed by one person despite the additional weight of the carpet, speakers and upholstery.

The panels to construct one aren't cheap, though.
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...ct.do?pid=1592
Old 11-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 4,325 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Required constant cleaning

reverse color stiching... whatever this silver is .. it is amazing. has a great neoprene feel to it and never needs cleaning, ever.I wish would have used a ton more of it.

This silver never gets dirty either

My only regret is going anything in white, it`s the only thing that need constant cleaning.

I had the portion beneath your knees raised for more comfort

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 11-05-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Now that is a slick set up while adding looks and being easier to clean you actually give the rear seat peeps more stability and control when your out wave busting in those 8 to 12's. My 32' I ended up building new seat base bottom just the right heidth off the floor and angle then fastened down 3 independent bucket seats for the rear. Fit couldn't have been any better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.