Whipple EFI conversion >

Whipple EFI conversion

Notices

Whipple EFI conversion

Old 02-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipple EFI conversion

I am putting whipples on my 500 carb blue motors. Has anyone converted their carb motors to EFI. Need to know what's involved so I can decide and get my superchargers ordered
Old 02-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure the ecu you use some one can tune it. Whipped makes great products but the tune up is the key to hp and longevity. I have done many conversions and had good success. Look into the Holley ecu I have heard great things, I haven't used it yet.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

mine were 500 efis but i did it. over the years i had done upgrades to the engines as well. i also put a 2.3 Whipple on a diff 500 efi for my 20 cig. keep in mind if you go with efi, i would recommend uing a reputable shop for the tune. also you will need to upgrade the fuel system, this is the part many don't do then motor go boom. i have a thread in the cig section called tiger upgrades which covers the evolution of the engines, all the way through the 4.0 Whipple and now the boat is being totally repainted.