Carpet to painted deck? >

Carpet to painted deck?

Notices

Carpet to painted deck?

Old 03-17-2017, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carpet to painted deck?

Has anyone gone from a carpeted hall to a painted on? i see lots of people painting their bilges with the rustolumn w/ hardener, has anyone tried it on the inside of the boat?

My boat is a 1986 (or 1989 same hall #'s on different paperwork) and the carpet shows it. I was thinking of ripping it up/out and painting it the inside & bilge while I'm putting a new interior in. my other concern is it getting to hot for bare feet. I'm not a fan of the "wall to wall" carpet in it, sand is a pain the the ass to get out. If anything I would do snap in carpet sections like modern boats.

I guess my other questions is at what point do I really call this boat a lost cause and get a nicer platform to start with.

its an 18Ft open bow boat with a chevy 350 and an OMC cobra. I have already replace the lower unit with an SEI marine unit ($1200) and I paid $2,400 for the boat. new interior is probably going to be around $2k. i'll post pics when i get home