Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Restorations & Upgrades
HART THROB resto / upgrade >

HART THROB resto / upgrade

Notices

HART THROB resto / upgrade

Old 07-31-2020, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you run the mirage plus with the full barrel? Is it full labbed or just barrel removed?
Old 07-31-2020, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

The 25 m plus is from the pair that was on my 30 scarab, they where modified from the rake angle up to the cup along the diameter, i sent it to a prop shop to return it to stock, they said they did. To me its still in there and i reconditioned props for 4 years,

used to use the old gauges too, wish i had a diameter table and gauge now.

it chinewalked very bad so i cut the ring down 3 times 1/8" at a time and it improved greatly.

it likes to run parrallel to maybe 2-3 degrees trimmed up.

the chinewalk is 95% percent non existent, total confidence to let it run but it goes into the soft limiter.

the 27 m plus really looks box stock ( no where near as progressive on the rake angle) and it has the whole ring on it.

it likes alot of trim 5-6 on the indicator (2 is parrallel)

the chine walk is 95 % non existent, total confidence to let it run but it only turns 4900

other difference between the 2 props is the 25 has vent holes that are plugged, the 27 does not have them at all.

without the spacer the 25 and 27 jump up on plain and i take it easy getting up.

both props cavitate around the 1500 mark for 1/2 second, then once the bow falls and until the boat settles into 2700-2800 rpm any input to the wheel or trim and they will cavitate.

the cavitation is a 50/50 thing it will either bark at you or it will howl and vibrate and you have to start over.

with the spacer cavitation is gone at the 1500 mark, and virtually nil with input once up on plane.

the 25 now stays inside the limiter and wants alot of trim 5-6 on the indicator, but speed is down slip is up and bad chinewalk is back in my life so i didn't see a reason to try the 27.

without the spacer the 25 gets 73 @ 10% slip, the 27 gets 74 @ 11% slip.

plan to remove spacer, cut ring on 27 and cross fingers.

i'll get a couple pics with the straight edge to show the rake early tomorrow before the hurricane panels go up.

Last edited by outonsafari; 07-31-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Registered

i dunno, the more i look at and feel the blades i dont think the 25 has any more, it probly is stock or damn close.
the finish could easily be throwing the look and touch off.
thats right my house is pink
Old 08-01-2020, 07:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by outonsafari View Post
..............thats right my house is pink
"Ain't that America, home of the free........"

Old 08-02-2020, 07:26 AM
Registered

Hell yeah america, my neighbors laughed when i said pink, they slapped there foreheads when they found out it wasnt a joke. the stain needs to be redone tho, and the drive could use a power wash.
1959 w/ original jalhousie windows, When built, the house was originally the color of the door.
The following users liked this post:
rak rua (08-02-2020)