Sun Pad Restoration >

Sun Pad Restoration

Notices

Sun Pad Restoration

Old 12-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun Pad Restoration

I am planning to redo the pad / hatch on my 1986 242LS. It looks to be original but I can't tell it it has been modified or not. The motorized lifter is mounted on the port side. I assume they did this on single IO. The fiberglass part of the hatch as markings for the lifter to be in the center. I believe this was done for twins, however a centered lifter puts much less stress on the assembly. When dismantled, I have the fiberglass base, a 1/8th aluminum sheet then the individual vinyl covered boards that form a 5 stripe pattern. I do not think the aluminum sheet was always there. Was it wood? Was nothing there? The fiberglass base only has screw holes along the perimeter for the aluminum trim. I would like to make it as close to original as possible. The aluminum sheet traps water and allows no breathing. I doubt that was OEM.

How are your sun pads assembled?