Boat Renovation upholstery >

Boat Renovation upholstery

Notices

Boat Renovation upholstery

Old 02-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Renovation upholstery

My husband and I recently purchased a pontoon boat that is in need of new flooring and upholstery. We have found seats by Wise and Deckmate from Pontoon Stuff. We really like the cost and colors of the Deckmate and were wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Deckmate seats? Or does anyone have another recommendation?

Also, has anyone used the vinyl flooring from someplace like Lowe's or Home Depot? The flooring is running about 1/4 of the cost so of course it is something we are considering.

Thanks

Last edited by Timbleweed; 02-25-2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Additional question
Old 02-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Just my 2 cents. I would not be putting vinyl flooring in a pontoon from a Home Improvement store. One, it's going to get very hot. Two, it is not going to be UV stabilized, and it won't last. Three, its going to be slippery when wet. Four, it's going to look TERRIBLE. IMO, your only low cost option is to get a nice grade of marine carpet. You could also use seadek, but that would cost upwards of $3k to do a pontoon.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:25 AM
Registered

Thank you so much for your advice. We are new at this and we appreciate your help.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Just my 2 cents. I would not be putting vinyl flooring in a pontoon from a Home Improvement store. One, it's going to get very hot. Two, it is not going to be UV stabilized, and it won't last. Three, its going to be slippery when wet. Four, it's going to look TERRIBLE. IMO, your only low cost option is to get a nice grade of marine carpet. You could also use seadek, but that would cost upwards of $3k to do a pontoon.
2nd the marine carpeting (indoor outdoor),
i would get a roll of 3 foot wide paper from lowes and make templates, say 4 or so individual pieces that cover the deck.
have a local upholstery shop seam it, then you can add snaps (very easy to do & inexpensive)
this way it's removable for cleaning and replacing
the separate pieces keeps you from re doing the whole thing in case of whatever happens.
snap it in don't glue it down.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:22 AM
Registered

I really like the idea of the snaps and being able to remove it as needed, however my husband is not wanting to use carpet. Do either of you have any experience with the Marideck? I really like the “teak” and the “sand/beige” color.

Thanks again for all the advice and suggestions.

Last edited by Timbleweed; 02-27-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:27 AM
Registered

Last edited by Timbleweed; 02-27-2018 at 06:51 AM.