Cigarette Squadron 39' resto. >

Cigarette Squadron 39' resto.

Notices

Cigarette Squadron 39' resto.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Cigarette Squadron 39' resto.

I picked up my dream boat a few weeks ago. 1981 Cigarette Squadron XII 39'. It was at the marina in Port Washington, NY for many years on a hydro hoist. It's a beautiful, classy boat. Still is but it is going to need a little TLC.

Here she is running a poker run with the NPBA

And here is how she sits today:

This is going to be a few years project, with motors and drives being the last thing I do. I am in the process of cleaning her up right now and will be going through it to see what needs to be done first. She is in pretty good shape. I am going to be refinishing the teak in the cabin and replacing the cabin floor. I will be putting back a GPS/Nav unit in the spot where the old one used to be. The upholstery needs a good cleaning, and the boat needs a new cover made. Mechanical things will be taken care of once I am ready for motor and drives. I am going to re-do the trailer at some point too, however I may look into getting one that will fit the boat better, as this one was originally for a 42" Fountain :P
Old 08-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Picture didnt attach.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
Picture didnt attach.
What device are you using to view the forums? What does it look like on your end?
Old 08-09-2018, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Pictures are there on Firefox. Love the classics when real wood was in vogue.

Keep up updated please.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:43 PM
Registered

Been busy with a power washer and "goof off" Been carefully removing all the tree sap and stuck on pine needles from the deck. I am halfway done. After that, i can give the deck a nice buff and wax. The boat does need some cosmetic work, but nothing serious.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 185 Posts

Starting to look good,did you remove those Fountain stickers from the trailer yet.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That green is fantastic. Is that paint or gel?
Old 08-15-2018, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hvymtl939
That green is fantastic. Is that paint or gel?
It is paint
Old 09-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Registered

Just got a new (and better pay) job, so I am pretty excited, as I can start saving up for motors, drives and other stuff. Not much right now in terms of updates, but I was able to get the port side hatch to go up and down by switching out the dead battery for a new one. I need to replace the rest of the batteries so I can see what works and what does not.

I also removed the cabin cushions for cleaning and found a decent amount of storage space. Wood is in excellent shape, but I am going to re-finish it. And the carpeting on the walls could use a good cleaning as well.

Good spot to stick a cooler or a mini-fridge.

Hatches from earlier...they are heavy as sh!t, so I am glad I only have 1 to manually lift...just need to fix the wiring for it tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,132 Likes on 478 Posts

Congrats on the new job, don't spend all the extra money on the boat....... umm, err, ok, up to you.

My 2 cents, if you're only planning day boating and not overnighting, an ice box is big, easy and cheap. A small fridge is complicated and expensive..... I guess it's a fair way off yet, hope everything goes well.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.