30' Sleekcraft 502 MPI Build >

30' Sleekcraft 502 MPI Build

Notices

30' Sleekcraft 502 MPI Build

Old 08-01-2019, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 30' Sleekcraft 502 MPI Build

Hi all, and thanks for your future advise on this. I know there is a lot of info out there and have been scowering threads but haven't really found what I'm looking for specifically.

I have a 30' sleek craft heritage ssb, stepped hull, 502 mpi stock, bravo 1 outdrive, really nothing has been done to this boat since 2000 when new. The boat is starting to use a little oil and I put maybe 50-75 hrs on it a year. I have owned this boat for 5 years now and it is great i love it. It is time to get the motor freshened up at the end of this year and im starting to get a plan together along with funds. I found some old posts for rebuilds but technology and parts have changed since 2009 and 2012 so looking for a updated list of items i should do. Im looking to keep this as reasonable as i can price wise i don't have 15-25k for just a motor and all the extra upgrades.
I am looking to increase horsepower up to about 600 hp at high elevation im in denver. I know the internals are forged on the 502 and wont know if block is good until I get it all tested. I was wanting advice on what would be the best way to get there without spending a total fortune. I was thinking since it is the efi system, testing lower end for cracks and what not then new rings and freshening it up, then getting head studs, the heads a valve job and mild work, putting on a pro charger setup, getting it dynode and the ecm tuned. After reading lots of posts this seems to be the most reasonable way to get the hp without spending a fortune on all the other upgrades. I am looking for any option recommendations to get me into this realm with a reliable pump gas motor also if there is something i should do to the bravo, will be going easy out of hole shot I'm looking to get the cruising speed I've always wanted 45-55 mph. I am not sure if you will need any other info but will keep looking to make sure i answer. I want to create a list of what i need that way i can get a good idea what the final price will be. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.