32 Pachanga Waterlogged >

32 Pachanga Waterlogged

Notices

32 Pachanga Waterlogged

Old 05-23-2020, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 Pachanga Waterlogged

Hey all, this is my first post here so I hope this is the right subthread for this issue. I have a 32 Pachanga which I have been slowing restoring over the last year and the biggest issue I have is that she is waterlogged, enough where a new waterline is formed on the starboard side. I what to know if anyone has some type of schematic or can describe the layout underneath the deck. I believe most of the water is in the transom, and I'm hoping there is no foam in that portion of the boat because I would have no way of replacing it, its not worth my time and money right now to split the boat in two and check it all out.
Thanks
Old 05-23-2020, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 134 Posts

Water in just the transom would not enough weight to lower the boat much. Also never found a boat with a soaked transom which didn't also have stringer issues
Old 05-23-2020, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

pretty much most of the old production boats back then were chopper gun and wood built
so some were built better than others,,,,and some had lots of exposed wood under the floor
so through all the yrs absorbs weight,,,,then add in a clogged drain from birth to bildge with water travelling under the tank
clogs from trash,,,leaky motors,,rotten wood,,termites,ect and drains clogged will hold more water under floor
perols of older hulls never been opened up and replaced,,,,
can take a wire,,,,an old inner from a throttle/shift cable works good and cram up drain from bildge upward to see if clogged and holding water
but these older hulls get real heavy in time from this,,,
was replacing floor in a birth of a guys 33 powerplay 1 time and when cut out floor was holding approx. 10 gallons of water up there and a thick sludge that clogged drain that was a mix of termite rot wood and oil/trans fluid from previous motors leaking,,,,,
all flloring,bulkheads stringers rotten and wet,,,,,,guarentee boat was 1000 lbs heavier than new