New Project Liquid Technologies 2.0 Redux

Notices

New Project Liquid Technologies 2.0 Redux

Old 10-05-2022, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by CPM

its not going very fast either.

great to see some boat projects coming back around!!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

what are you gonna name it?we called it the bismark,,that sucker would go thru the waves,not over.
you gonna need to figure out how to get that nose up.we had some ideas but didn't have an aluminium spool gun and I was sure not gonna run 10' w/ a tig torch.

can't wait to see her run again.
The following users liked this post:
Unlimited jd (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

So what's the backstory on this?
When was it made?
Where?
Is it riveted or welded?

Seen the other thread where it's referred to as an aluminum SL44.
Is it a near exact copy of a Outerlimit?
Old 10-06-2022, 12:14 PM
CPM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
So what's the backstory on this?
When was it made?
Where?
Is it riveted or welded?

Seen the other thread where it's referred to as an aluminum SL44.
Is it a near exact copy of a Outerlimit?
The boat is fully welded built in 2007. Joe Malich said when it was built, they took measurements off his Outerlimits. Thats about all I know, there are definitely more on OSO that know more than me.
cheech (10-06-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CPM
The boat is fully welded built in 2007. Joe Malich said when it was built, they took measurements off his Outerlimits. Thats about all I know, there are definitely more on OSO that know more than me.
Actual Construction was done by:
RIVER WILD BOATS - Home
Grants Pass, OR 97526

Few more Links for enjoyment:
Liquid Technologies SL44 on KC Craigslist - Offshoreonly.com

Liquid Technologies (New Production Boat ) - Offshoreonly.com

Trade Hull/Trailer 44ft - Offshoreonly.com

Liquid Technologies SL44 ( PICS-PAINTED) - Offshoreonly.com

My New SL 44 ( 44 ft ) - Offshoreonly.com

The following 2 users liked this post by cougarman:
cheech (10-07-2022), CPM (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 09:55 AM
CPM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
what are you gonna name it?we called it the bismark,,that sucker would go thru the waves,not over.
you gonna need to figure out how to get that nose up.we had some ideas but didn't have an aluminium spool gun and I was sure not gonna run 10' w/ a tig torch.

can't wait to see her run again.
I wouldn't mind talking to you sometime as to what you've tried and thoughts on the step. I think from the rear step to transom needs a pie cut front to back and raised at the transom about 21/2 inches.. Only way I'd do that is ship it to River Wild.
hogie roll (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:53 AM
CPM
Registered

This is the only time the last owner ran the boat then it sat for a little over a year. Looks like he hit 92 at a little over 5000 RPM it had more legs I definitely want to see better numbers

Old 10-07-2022, 12:56 PM
Registered

Thanks Cougarman, gave a good background on it.

Interesting 2 quotes out of rockit man regarding the steps in the last thread link above compared to the step issues mentioned in this thread.

Yes I looked at all the boats out there but then drew up my own design, I liked the fountain cockpit but the windows were too small and there was not enough seating ,I aso liked some things in the Cig and the outerlimits so I put all the things I liked in all the boats I tried and came up with this a lot of the pokerrun boats have a simular look ,you are only seeing a two dimisional picture ,up close you will see how different it is in design and construction than anything out there. The steps are very unique in design and are tunable so I can put the bow where I want it .This was designed just for me becouse I was tired of back problems from running my cat and could not find a 40+ ft boat at a reasonable price that wasn't trashed after a couple years,I know I am risking a quit a bit of money on this first one and only after itis tested and found safe and worthy will they be marketed and at the very least I will have a one upboat that will last my life time.These will be custom built one at a time with input from the buyer on the deck,cabin,cockpit,every part can be altered for that one of a kind look ,I think when you see this one or some other one up close you will see just how unique they are from any other boat out there. I am not trying to go faster than the fountain or the outerlimits or any other boat I just wanted something that would holdup and not fall apart with use in big water in the pokerruns and be easy on my back thats why theair ride seats. I will post some better pics of the enterior and the bottom.
These are all during construction I will do some close ups next week so you can see how the steps are tunable there is a leading edge of aprox 1" that can be ajusted in five locations with a very sharp edge, its the same method we use on the white water race boats. our steps are close to the transom to add rocker to the boat for the Arneson Drives and our forward strakes help provide lift to get on plane remember we can change anything with a cutter and a welder.All the strakes have very sharp edgesand are slightly inverted toward the centerline of the hull all this design work comes from years of building race boats and racing,yes they are smaller boats but I would think that a lot of thethingswe did there will apply
Again thanks for all the support.
Hey ! Animal you are invited for a ride and inspection either out here or at Havasu on April 23-29-06 or at LOTO in August. I too am a General Contractor with a passion for boats so at least we have one thing in common.
Old 10-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Registered

Hope you get it sorted out CPM.

Not doubting anyone as to the bow carry issue. They've been in it.
This photo from the "New Production Boat" thread it's out. Obviously a wake shot I guess for marketing. lol

Old 10-07-2022, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

That pic is of the first hull I believe. Different steps and arnesons.
CPM (10-07-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.