Notices

Post Saber pics here

Old 02-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wieland77
Cougarman,

Tanks for the info for Craig. I would like to get a hold of him, especially if he does interior work. It is still original and needs a face lift. I also need a new cover that is used as the entry into the cabin, it is tinted plexiglass cover and swing in door, and it has cracked and chipped. You guys with 28's, what type of setup is you cabin entry? I have never seen another 28 in person and would'nt mind seeing some interior shots for newer styles.

I wish I could do a lot to the boat but I need to be patient due to lack of funds, can only do little things here and there when I can. Sooner or later I will get it where it needs to be. Im only 26 so as work gets better so will the Saber.Thanks, MIKE
If you looked at Craig's website you will see his interior work and it's even better in person. Craig has some very talented people working for him. Unless things have changed he was doing all of Skater's work now along with a few other's.

He was also going to do all of Saber's interior's for all there new construction. Not sure if that is still in effect with some of the side effects there company recieved from the Boat drama/scandle that transpired againt's there will.

I believe he did some or (maybe) all of Leopajm / Jerry's boat too.

As far as looking at other Saber's for interior idea's I don't think you will see much Change. Saber's focus was alway building a bullet proof boat for you that would stay together after a day On Lake Michigan. There interior's were rather spartan......No disrespect to them. Cause there focus spoke for it self, those who have the Saber's know they are built well and all seem to love them.

So it would be nice to see some new Construction with Craig's interior's work, cause it would be a rockin Package.

Good Luck
Jon
Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a decent shot of my cabin door... I may have a better picture of it at home , I will look when I get home & see what I have...

It may be the same door you have... Dark smoked Plexi with an alumunim frame... It is double hinged on the top & the entry both... The top part also has a small gas shock on it.

Hope this helps some & like I said I will see if I have a better pic. at home. If the boat wasn't tightly wrapped in plasic from the cockpit forward I would snap you a few pics.
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a picture of mine. Same basic design as the 28.
Attached Thumbnails Post Saber pics here-picture-006.jpg  
Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres a few shots of the interior, Im on a budget also so I do every thing myself, I would be glad to give some advice on how to keep it as cheap as possible or who to talk to in the area. The motor copartment is a little trashed working on rewire of engine fabbed some aluminum brakets and plates for the floor that are at the powder coaters and lengthning the stainless marine risers this winter I will post some pics when its done It should look pretty trick, at least I hope.
Attached Thumbnails Post Saber pics here-martins-custom-marine-012.jpg   Post Saber pics here-martins-custom-marine-013.jpg   Post Saber pics here-martins-custom-marine-014.jpg  

Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM

some more pics of things I have been working on this winter, lengthning risers , some aluminum plates for a skater transome that split open from 300 mercs on jackplates they tie the transome to the stringers
Attached Thumbnails Post Saber pics here-martins-custom-marine-003.jpg   Post Saber pics here-martins-custom-marine-009.jpg   Post Saber pics here-martins-custom-marine-010.jpg  

Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by martins custom marin
heres a few shots of the interior, Im on a budget also so I do every thing myself, I would be glad to give some advice on how to keep it as cheap as possible or who to talk to in the area. The motor copartment is a little trashed working on rewire of engine fabbed some aluminum brakets and plates for the floor that are at the powder coaters and lengthning the stainless marine risers this winter I will post some pics when its done It should look pretty trick, at least I hope.
Awesome job on the dash. Did you re-powder coat the shifters?
Old 02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Martin the boats looking really good !! Those risers should give the exhaust note a bit nicer tone.

I may get with you about doing a platform for me , just not sure yet & like you mentioned budget...budget...budget....is Always my story !!!

Now back to cutting ,grinding ,itching , & laying some glass.

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 02-15-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Awesome job on the dash. Did you re-powder coat the shifters?
I powdercoated both dash plates the shifters and had piece that hold the trim and tab switches cut out of billet aluminum then powdercoated. I started sending my powdercoating out, much easier and cheaper. did you decide what youre going to do with the shifters in your boat the price I sent you was extreme high end to cover my ass in case there was a unseen problem most likly It would be cheaper, rather have you be suprised than shocked I hate machine shop tricks!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:12 PM

Unhappy

:
Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Martin the boats looking really good !! Those risers should give the exhaust note a bit nicer tone.

I may get with you about doing a platform for me , just not sure yet & like you mentioned budget...budget...budget....is Always my story !!!

Now back to cutting ,grinding ,itching , & laying some glass.
this is just a simple fix for the time being, Jim at saber has a set of elbow tops I talked with about. when things pick up around here I will be working out a deal with him if he still has them. other wise I picked up a set of imco hp risersfor power flow manifolds. Im still a little upset with stainless on there bait and switch tactic that cost me $70 in shipping
Old 02-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

Wieland77

You probably have a good idea what it looks like but here is another shot of the cabin door.
Attached Thumbnails Post Saber pics here-dsc01222.jpg  

Quick Reply: Post Saber pics here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.