going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN >

going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN

Notices

going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN

Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
haaha, not scared just not stupid when you get in a boat you never have run you got to take it out and baby it FEEL IT be part of the boat once you know the boat you can hang it out to dry like I did with my baja I knew what it could do in turns and how to out run the chinewalk did not have full steering like the saber will so there should be a big different there. at mid 80s my arm was moving so fast you could not see my watch. nope I am just trying to keep myseft in check, otherwise after the motor warms up it will be wide open which is wrong, Thats why I want Dean to come out and adjust the carbs cause he will nail it haha. john just trying to be nice. I might need a bigger gas tank on line it says only 90 gals, which ain't much for a 1100hp motor
Give me a call if you need a throttle man.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Artie I think the most gas I ever got in there was about 84 gallons if I remember correctly. It was bone dry when I topped her off. Your right 1100hp will eat that up quick.

Schit tell Scotty (littledcsrodshop) to send you the saddle tanks he built for his...he ain't gonna use them
Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
Artie I think the most gas I ever got in there was about 84 gallons if I remember correctly. It was bone dry when I topped her off. Your right 1100hp will eat that up quick.

Schit tell Scotty (littledcsrodshop) to send you the saddle tanks he built for his...he ain't gonna use them
wow why not, that sux he did a lot for them, I will see how it goes this year if I am filling up at marinas, I will figure out the balance maybe cut the floor open and fit a 150 right up the middle AND TAKE OUT THE old one, so we have more room for pulley changes. I hope if I run under 4000rpm it will last for two hours, or 3500 if 3500 is 60 that would be cool to get to the islands and back. I will need 93oct with 1100hp yeah I MY NEED TO BUT A BIGGER PULLEY LESS power lower gas or bring lots of booster. got the new full cover on it took the winds good the other day. going to work on the transom next week for sure. got to fill 4'' and the lower set of exhaust can you give me the paint #s for the black thanks john later art.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
wow why not, that sux he did a lot for them, I will see how it goes this year if I am filling up at marinas, I will figure out the balance maybe cut the floor open and fit a 150 right up the middle AND TAKE OUT THE old one, so we have more room for pulley changes. I hope if I run under 4000rpm it will last for two hours, or 3500 if 3500 is 60 that would be cool to get to the islands and back. I will need 93oct with 1100hp yeah I MY NEED TO BUT A BIGGER PULLEY LESS power lower gas or bring lots of booster. got the new full cover on it took the winds good the other day. going to work on the transom next week for sure. got to fill 4'' and the lower set of exhaust can you give me the paint #s for the black thanks john later art.
Art I found the plugs when I cut the exhaust holes. Send me your address and I will mail them out to you. I'll get the paint code to you also.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey Art the twin motor ran threw fuel pretty quick i must say. just be easy on the lever and you should be fine. I ran a 32B1 labbed and it would cruise all day 3500 at 65
-Mike
Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
Art I found the plugs when I cut the exhaust holes. Send me your address and I will mail them out to you. I'll get the paint code to you also.
great I will send a pm
Old 12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Hey Art the twin motor ran threw fuel pretty quick i must say. just be easy on the lever and you should be fine. I ran a 32B1 labbed and it would cruise all day 3500 at 65
-Mike
are you talking about steves 33? you had 25 mirages on all summer on 32 and it ran nice I thought you said it didn't like the 26b1s they were to big when you 1st got it not enough rpms, I think cause of the stock drives being deep on all the boats in the late 80s early 90s. the b1 came out 96 or 98 I think cause I put on a 2''shortie after 02 so the drive would use the b1 better. this is why we have to fill the transom in 4'' cause with the box thats another 1'' you loose and my drive is shorter than a bravo and likes to ride high, which could bring more side load to the bullit jon though of this I hope I am still quick with the throttle if the drive comes out more than it should or a drive spacer will go in if its cavitating a lot or I am slow , hey I put a stock 89 b1 drive threw the ringer and got hugh air on the cape for a steady 8yrs after the 1st 6 yrs being under stock 454 and 502 power with just oil changed every season thats over a 1000 hours with 400 or more being with 600hp. that drive did good. and my arm did too. so I am sure I will be rusty thats why I will let DEAN tune it open it up see if we hit a 100 I'll try it to then take it easy with the b1 26 when the wife comes with me that will keep it under 86. but I feel the 5 blade will be right on 6000rpms or above will be 100 plus. same with the 32b1 thats with high slip. thats 16 to 18% and if I hit closer to red line 6400 its 106 to 108 16 to 18% now if I GET IT DOWN TO 10 to 12% thats 115 plus. I got my baja from 16% to 12% and ran 76 to 83.2 running out of prop. well got to go check on the yellow saber see whats cooking, see yahhhhh

Last edited by AIR TIME; 12-05-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Arti My velocity. The SISTER ENGINE.
-Mike
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Artie this is what you were looking at. It took me awhile to find them.
Attached Thumbnails going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-coolrunningbuild002a.jpg   going make SABER KNOWN AGAIN-coolrunningbuild-001a.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard
Artie this is what you were looking at. It took me awhile to find them.
thats it wow its been a while, you did a awsome job on it. hope to see you out on some of the runs this summer you will have fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.