Saber owners opinions >

Saber owners opinions

Notices

Saber owners opinions

Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Thinking about buying a Saber, just wondering how everyone likes them, how they have held up over the years, build quality opinions, etc.
Perhaps you have one by now however I thought would chime in. I had one for a few years. It was I am pretty certain there very first 28. I owened it back in 98-01. It was bloody red in color with a single 502. Like any of my boats I ran it extremely hard. Very solid and well constructed. The boat I owned prior to that was a 28 challenger. One of the ones build in Cerdar Springs MI. That was very similar constructed and was also a great boat. The Saber I owned was a like an 85 however titled 87 I think. I couldn't care less about the year as it was built tuff and when I sold it there was no sign of stress what so ever. You can fly that boat high and always come down awesome with out a concern in the world. I give it a thumbs up..

John Read
Old 02-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info, I dont have one yet but I have been looking and tried to make a couple deals that fell through. Your old boat is here in town I believe but I havent seen it since its been repainted.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

I happened to see a post from the new owner. I sent him a PM because I have a complete new snap down cover that covers the complete deck. It is really nice and fits the boat perfect. I thought he might want it. Some how it got left out of the sale when I sold it back in 01.

If I ever got another one it would for sure have twins though. Not that the single didn't run well however I just like having more power.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I dont have one yet but I have been looking and tried to make a couple deals that fell through. Your old boat is here in town I believe but I havent seen it since its been repainted.
Yep, It's still in town. That boat is solid as a rock. Mike repainted it last winter. He used the same black and red.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will keep my eyes open for it this summer, im in the process of buying a 28 right now so there will probably be another one in town this year.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will keep my eyes open for it this summer, im in the process of buying a 28 right now so there will probably be another one in town this year.
We'll be looking for ya at the beach. Look for Mike's Saber and My Cigarette. Can't miss either of us. Good Luck!