Notices

28 Saber

Old 09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope we see him here.
Originally Posted by CHASIN THE DEAL
It was some guy out of Cleveland Ohio area not sure if he is on OSO or not. Seemed like a good guy and he got a great boat!!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by martins custom marin
the boat ran 61 on speedo more like 58 gps but the mach sterndriver that was on it was a rpm eater when i went to a bravo 1 i gained about 2mph. airtime you need to get that thing running to prove all the numbers you keep throwing out saying how the x is to deep and these 28s wont run or fly correct, I have had mine air born enough to know it flies good and true. get that x as high as a skater 28 and on jack plates and bring it to lake michigan and run it thru some 5 footers with that ocassional 8 to 9 amd see how fun it is. I dont care to run a 17" herring 6 blade to get it on plane and get some bow lift out of it. run your 110mph prove to us your theroys are correct and then we will follow your lead.
Great to see you again last weekend! Good times!
Your boat sounded great by the way!

I agree on the above. Sabers with singles run great and fly straight. With twin big blocks (and NO BALAST) they are very azz heavy and show it in rough water. The (i think) one and only twin small block ex/current race boat is balanced nearly perfect. The same guy (also on this site) who once owned the small block boat, along with large cigs and a 41 apache, has a twin BB 28 saber with hawk 550's, It runs a solid 90 with bravo 1 30's. It also is very azz heavy, and shows it in big lake MI water. the boat was is called purple haze and had some big power (1000 + each) in its past. Supposedly ran around 110 with bravos.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh
Great to see you again last weekend! Good times!
Your boat sounded great by the way!

I agree on the above. Sabers with singles run great and fly straight. With twin big blocks (and NO BALAST) they are very azz heavy and show it in rough water. The (i think) one and only twin small block ex/current race boat is balanced nearly perfect. The same guy (also on this site) who once owned the small block boat, along with large cigs and a 41 apache, has a twin BB 28 saber with hawk 550's, It runs a solid 90 with bravo 1 30's. It also is very azz heavy, and shows it in big lake MI water. the boat was is called purple haze and had some big power (1000 + each) in its past. Supposedly ran around 110 with bravos.
Yeah, its the only one with twin small blocks!!! Here is a pic. not the best to show balance but you can see how it rides in calm water..
Attached Thumbnails 28 Saber-file2636-large-.jpg  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CHASIN THE DEAL
It was some guy out of Cleveland Ohio area not sure if he is on OSO or not. Seemed like a good guy and he got a great boat!!
did you ever get it back out to gps your speed? I'll have my new tank in a week or so these guys build them for OL, went up 8 gals but picked up 3'' for my blower motor
Old 09-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FunHome
Yeah, its the only one with twin small blocks!!! Here is a pic. not the best to show balance but you can see how it rides in calm water..
The boat is awesome! I have consumed many beers on it.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Registered

Am the guy who bought the Saber in question...so far a good boat have not seen that 70's number yet but have not pushed it either...only had the oppertunity to run it three times as the weather has sucked and my wife refuses to put on her winter coat to go boating! Did run to Kelly's a couple of weekends ago in 6 footers and had a nice solid ride...Glad I chose the Saber over the 29 Scarabs I was looking at!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

CWC No comparison to something like the bayliner of performance boats to a true offshore hull. My buddy Air Time is getting his together well builf nice lines deep and nice layout good luck with it.
-Mike
Old 10-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

CWC where do you boat at? You live in Ohio?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered

I have been out of it for a few years (had kids) but now the family is old enough to enjoy. Fairport Harbor is our primary but my father (and his 38 fountian) are up in Sandusky so we will be in both locations next year.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

We boat out of East Harbor and around the islands. Maybe we will see you sometime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.